Where is the File Manager on the Moto X Pure Edition?

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Where is it? I put in my SDcard. Are my eyes just bad? Cause I know they're stored somewhere. I've seen the pics when using other applications.

Posted via the Android Central App

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Where the heck is the file manager?

seems to be stored in Drive. Some at least

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I recommend that you install ES File Manager from the Play Store.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Why not download a File Explorer from the play store? I use ES File Explorer.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Very strange, whenever I go to edit my post, it deletes it. I had recommended ES File Explorer and cabinet as a popular second, but it seems I'm late to the party now!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

There isn't a file manager built in?

I have the first gen Moto X, first gen Moto G, and second gen Moto E. None of them have File Manager apps pre-installed. I don't expect the Moto X Pure Edition to have one either.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's weird because prior all Motorola devices with Moto skin had file explorer. I haven't had any of the Motorola X or G.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If there is no stock file manager, how do you delete/edit/copy/move/create directories/files on the sd card using the device? Seems lame not to have a stock file manager IF you can not write to the sd card.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's weird because prior all Motorola devices with Moto skin had file explorer. I haven't had any of the Motorola X or G.

That was at least four years ago.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I recommend that you install ES File Manager from the Play Store.

Does ES do the same things as a stock file manager for the sd card? Edit: ES does after you set it to after first write.

Last edited:

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It (ES File Explorer) always worked for my SD card on my Thunderbolt, my Sero 7 Pro tablet, and currently for my Dell 7840

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I have the first gen Moto X, first gen Moto G, and second gen Moto E. None of them have File Manager apps pre-installed. I don't expect the Moto X Pure Edition to have one either.

The first gen had/has quick office. But its crap

XT1060

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It (ES File Explorer) always worked for my SD card on my Thunderbolt, my Sero 7 Pro tablet, and currently for my Dell 7840

Yes. You can apply writing privileges to ES when you do the first card write. ES asks you to choose the root directory (in this case the external sd card). I just tested with Note 4 stock device. Note has a built in file manager so have not used ES since having the Razr.

What about a stock gallery app? Edit: Yes, Quicpic at least allows the same root directory approval :)

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

That's always been a weird thing about Android. No stock file manager. Actually I don't think iOS has one either come to think of it... Maybe it does? I don't know. I guess only power users look at their own files haha.