How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
What are you guys battery life after having the phone for a couple days . Is battery a deal breaker for you. Does the battery get the job done. Would you say it has been improving and is the battery life.

Last edited:

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X battery life thread

I've been satisfied so far after 3 days, but it's still hard to tell. I'm still setting it up and adding apps.

The TurboCharge is fast! If you have access to plug in for 15 minutes in the afternoon, you'll come home with 50% plus.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I really want to know what screen on time people are getting as with my G3 I got three hours and that included one hour of Netflix and the rest just browsing the Internet and I sold the G3 because of that, also I like my screen bright so I wonder what sot people are getting with a brighter screen.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

From past experience (2013 and 2014 X), it's too early to make this judgment. You should give it week before coming to a conclusion. That's when the battery begins to settle in.

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm only two days in and have been using over the weekend - so not typical usage - but seems pretty okay. I've not yet set up my exchange account either. That'll be the real test. Plus, need to give it a few days to settle in.

That said, Google Play Services seems to be working over my battery at this point. My SOT the last two days has been the second biggest battery drainer.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I did not. My cell standby numbers went through the roof after activating VOLTE. Correlation isn't always causation but it seems likely to me. I'll turn it back on perhaps tomorrow and experiment.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting around 4hrs of SOT.

Only had it a few days though, but I suspect that will be the average for me.

That's a pretty full day of use: 2 syncing email accounts, Twitter, web browsing, on board music and a little PPSSPP/Drastic gaming.

Moto XPE

turf

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So, in other words, it has the mobile radio active bug? Or have the battery reporting statistics been repaired and Play Services just burns up CPU instead of mobile radio active time?

Dylan Gorski

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Battery Life on Moto X Pure

Please post any screenshots of screen on time on the phone and what your experience has been battery wise. I currently have a Nexus 6 and want to make sure battery life will be better or roughly the same before I make the switch.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery Life on Moto X Pure

Please post any screenshots of screen on time on the phone and what your experience has been battery wise. I currently have a Nexus 6 and want to make sure battery life will be better or roughly the same before I make the switch.

Here ya go. Over 21 hours off charger and about 4 hrs 40 min of SOT. If I really took the effort and actually had a reason to be on my phone more, I should have no issues hitting 6 hrs SOT (obviously not with 21 hours off the charger, though). This is with WiFi always on, high accuracy location and adaptive display on.

Attachments

• 1442361837874.jpg
    1442361837874.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 1442361848401.jpg
    1442361848401.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 389

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the PE after using a G4? Both have the same size battery but wondering how the battery life compares from the G4 to the PE.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've only had this phone for a couple days but they seem to be pretty much the same. I'm getting about 4 hours SOT.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have only had it a day, but the first day wasn't very good. Down to 40% now with 1.5 hours of SOT. Granted, apparently I had some radio issues earlier in the day, and it said there was quite a bit of time with no signal, even though my old moto g did just fine. We'll see tomorrow. Here are the screen grabs from today:

Attachments

• 2241.jpg
    2241.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 825
  • 2242.jpg
    2242.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 822

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I unplugged my phone at about 5:00 pm at around 98% charge. Some light music playing on the way to work...it stood by for 5.5 hours in the car. Then on the way home USTREAM for 20 minutes on 3G.
Set it aside after getting home.
Currently battery life is not a whole lot better than my SGS3...and that was on a downward spiral of battery death for the past year and a half. :\

Granted this thing charges astonishingly fast on Turbo charge. I do want to wait a week more before final judgement.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty daggone happy with it. My phone has been with the help desk, and they've been trying to get Good for Enterprise activated all day long, so they've been pushing it a bit.

Just plugged it into the Turbo Power 25, and it's charging up at 30sec or less per 1%. Blazing fast!

Definitely a keeper (as if there was any doubt).

Attachments

• 594.jpg
    594.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 753
  • 595.jpg
    595.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 746

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty daggone happy with it. My phone has been with the help desk, and they've been trying to get Good for Enterprise activated all day long, so they've been pushing it a bit.

Just plugged it into the Turbo Power 25, and it's charging up at 30sec or less per 1%. Blazing fast!

Definitely a keeper (as if there was any doubt).

That's awesome, the battery was my biggest concern with this phone and I'm very excited to see these results.

I expect once I get all of my accounts synced including the dreaded exchange account I won't get quite as good of results as others. My N5 dies so fast this will still be a huge upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc