Moto X Pure In-Call Speaker Issues?

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else notice consistent static noise in the background during calls? The other person is loud and clear, but there's a background static noise whenever they talk that's kind of annoying.

I'm on Verizon and have a strong signal pretty much every where in town so don't think reception is the issue.

Thanks!

WhatIsThis1024

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought a "Moto X Pure" phone in Austin, TX on 12/18/15.

I used the phone for 3 days and I heard a constant static noise during phone calls.
static noise is CONSTANTLY present even when
- using a headset
- when I use a different sim on the phone
- used in different parts of the town with varying network coverage

My sim is from T-Mobile and my previous phone was 2nd Gen Mot-X. I did not face any such problems with my previous phone so the problem here is NOT the network.
I spoke to Motorola customer-care and they offered a replacement phone. I chose to get a refund. I am not sure I want to buy this phone again.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I using the Moto X Pure Edition on Verizon and I am not experiencing this issue.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I recently began hearing a sort of burbling sound, on and off speaker, when the other party speaks. I'm on T-Mobile. Didn't experience this before 6.0.

ADD: I made a call tonight using the speaker and the other party told me there was a lot of static and some of my words were cutting out. And there was static coming in on my speaker, as well. When I took the phone off speaker the other party said the static was gone, but I was still getting static coming through the earpiece. I was on my home wifi at the time. I just made another call using the LTE TMO network, and there was no static on either end. So who knows.

Last edited:

awerner9

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Same garbled/burbling problem here. I updated to 6 before I got the tmobile sim/account tho, so I don't know if it would've happened before the v6 update.

Twice now, I've been able to quickly cycle it in/out of speakerphone 3-4 times to stop the strange burbling of the incoming voice. Does that work for you? (aka- not sure if cycling the speakerphone on/off is a coincidence or a legit workaround to software bug...)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Moto X Pure on both AT&T and VZW and haven't had the static noise issue. Im currently on MM 6.0

Angelo G65

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Moto X Pure for three days and have definitely noticed crackling/interference during in-call usage. It does not have happen during speaker calls. I am on the T-Mobile Network. I will call Motorola this evening and will keep you posted.

Packolypse

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Anyone solved this issue somehow? My friend is also having a similar issue.

I had the same problem. I fixed it by disabling the enhanced 4g LTE mode. Its VoLTE so you don't get bumped down to 3g on calls. MM update had some kind of bug in it when the screen is off the calls would get garbled. You should try that and see if it fixes your issues too

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. I fixed it by disabling the enhanced 4g LTE mode. Its VoLTE so you don't get bumped down to 3g on calls. MM update had some kind of bug in it when the screen is off the calls would get garbled. You should try that and see if it fixes your issues too

This took care of the issue for me also (t-mobile)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol