Anyone else not able to adjust the volume settings on any Moto X problem?

A

AC Question

anyone else not able to adjust the volume settings on any moto x problem?

Had the Moto X and now upgraded to the Moto X Pure Edition. I have two of each phone, one for business and one for personal use. About once a day they seem to go to a silent mode, and I'm unable to adjust the volume. I have to restart the phone for the volume to function. The volume controls on the side of the phone doesn't work. When I push those i can try to slide the volume control and it always will slide back to silent. If i go into the sound settings on the phone, the ringtone slider (of the three sliders) is black and I'm unable to do anything to it.

When I called into sprint, they said it was an app that was doing it and had no other options besides doing a factory reset and not having any apps on my phone. because it's a business line and I have required apps for my business, this isn't a great option.

Anyone else have this issue? Was anyone else able to fix this issue?

Mr. Blaze

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: anyone else not able to adjust the volume settings on any moto x problem?

I'm having the same issue and it look like it happens when you silence the phone by pressing the little bell icon that comes up when adjusting the volume using the physical buttons. for some reason this causes the volume controls to get locked up and you need to restart. If you dont press the bell button and just slide the volume down to silence, it seems like the volume controls don't lock up. Does that make sense? Hopefully this will be fixed with Marshmallow soon.