volume changes to vibrate and i can't turn it back on

weasel123

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I've had this happen a couple of times. My volume is on high and then all of a sudden it's set to vibrate but it won't allow me to turn it on. I have to re-start the phone. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed today in the moto settings for when I come home(set as a location) that it does that. I deleted the location, re added, and didnt check any volume settings so that it would stop doing that. Not sure if that helps your situation, but I did notice it.

caryds

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me as well. In fact, it was happening to me on my Moto X 2014 (2nd ed.) too, which is one of the reasons I wanted to move to the XPE. I've been trying to figure out what causes this. I think it might be caused when I plug in my Square reader to the headphone jack. Do any of you guys use Square or your headphone jack?

caryds

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that was it! I tested it today. Opened the Square App, plugged the reader into the headphone jack and waited for Square to recognize it, disconnected the reader, ringer volume goes to silent and locks in there until I restart the phone. I did this several times and it happened every time. I plugged a set of wired earbuds into the earphone jack, just to make sure it wasn't a Moto problem, and had no issues. Then I checked the App review on the Play Store, found another Moto X user with the same problem on both his/her 2014 & 2015 Moto X...just like me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc