Problems with OEM car dock since lollipop

nfotiu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had all sorts of issues with using navigation and other stuff while in the car dock. It looks like it is triggering Android Auto functionality as a blue-green screen keeps popping up telling me to do something with Android Auto when I press home. Then I can no longer do anything voice recognition and Navigation hangs.

Anyone see this or figure a way around this? Maybe if I could disable Android Auto it would help, but I can't see how to do that.

CapeCod-Ken

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've modified a generic dock with a magnet to turn on the car mode when docking the phone. That switch now seems to be trying to turn on Android Auto as well. I don't have an Android Auto head unit, so I don't have the android auto app loaded. I'm not sure loading the app will help anything.

If you turn off car mode, the phone returns to normal operation. I'll have to see if the Moto driving assist mode kicks in when the car is moving.

dbett

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any solution to this?

I was using Dock NoOp to intercept the docking event and launch "nothing" instead of the default launching of Android Auto. But it was a bit flaky and was creating other issues.

I'm now forced to constantly pull down the notifications window and exit Car Mode. Annoying. I just want to be able to use the MotoX dock to charge my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood