What's your next phone?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
What's your next phone?
My next phone when my almost two year old Moto X 2013 goes belly up will be another Moto X 2013 which waits patiently in its box waiting to be used. I keep it up to date with Lollipop and all my apps but other wise it has had very little use. I should be good for another two years or so with a phone that works perfectly and does everything that I want a phone to do.

TommyZ23

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
My next phone when my almost two year old Moto X 2013 goes belly up will be another Moto X 2013 which waits patiently in its box waiting to be used. I keep it up to date with Lollipop and all my apps but other wise it has had very little use. I should be good for another two years or so with a phone that works perfectly and does everything that I want a phone to do.

The battery will go before the phone goes belly up. I still have the original Droid and use it everyday as an alarm clock. It works great, but I'll bet the battery is shot. I use it in the base with the display on all night.

Sadly the battery on the Moto X 2013 isn't the easiest to change. My battery is shot on the Moto X. I'm lucky if I get half a day out of it, usually less. This was happening before the 5.1 update, so it has nothing to do with the new software.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Sadly the battery on the Moto X 2013 isn't the easiest to change. My battery is shot on the Moto X. I'm lucky if I get half a day out of it, usually less. This was happening before the 5.1 update, so it has nothing to do with the new software.
Ear;er this year I was getting less and less battery time on my oldest Moto X so I unboxed the newest one and did a Moto Migrate, did a factory reset on the old one and put it away. A month later I got the old one out. synced it to the new one and carried it for a few days just for grins. Much to my amazement it would go all day and still have ~30% charge left when plugging it in at night. I've carried it ever since and the new one is back in the drawer. Was it the factory reset? I don't know but the old one is working like new now.

veritas_vincit

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The beauty of Android is their variety of devices and budget reach. In my case, I don't require a premium phone as I'm not a fan of taking pictures nor I'm a gamer. I use my device primarily for reading tweets and news in the browser as well as data management via the cloud. It would surprise you that I replaced my iPhone 6 Plus for a $40 gophone from AT&T, ZTE Maven to do all of this as my daily driver. Android 5.0 has improved a lot from its predecessors. It does what I need and does it well. This device responds as I need and does the job. I was having issues with iOS not being able to manage notifications as it should, and seeing that android does this very well I decided to switch. Also, given my near sight problems I will get the larger screen ZTE ZMAX 2, which happens to manage very well its RAM memory. That combined with the fact that I know how to tweak my device to disable the bloatware and only use the programs I need, it really works very well.

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm probably looking at a Moto X Pure, 32 gB, when the time comes. I have two Moto X 2013 models, the one I'm currently using is a Developer Edition that's bootloader unlocked, rooted and fitted with Xposed/Gravity Box and other goodies under 5.1. So I'm not in a big hurry to update. I'm a little different from others in that I actually am looking for a larger screen, because I want to use the MXPure as a preferred alternative to taking my laptop on short business trips, and the extra size screen is useful in that regard (as long as I'm not doing documents writing or editing). Whatever problems Google's system now has, I can't go for the lack of flexibility and individuality of iOS. I also absolutely can't stand iToonz--I prefer to take media like music and vids onboard, and not stream, so the SD card will be a great backup to the native capacity without the ridiculous prices the iPhones now command.

hene

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
LG G4 is big, is excellent, is a major battery spender and if "upgraded" to Android 5.x.x OS it becomes a major pain-in-the-neck each and every day of any uncautious buyer. Believe me.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I recently made the switch to the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition. Before I bought it I wasn't happy about the huge jump in size over my 2013 Moto X. My older eyes, though, appreciate increase in screen size. The larger battery, QuickCharge 2, and the addition of the microSD slot are big benefits, too.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I was considering upgrading. But then, I looked at my phone and thought... "works perfectly fine. Why upgrade now." I bought a new nice case for it and a new matte wet-install screen protector. Good as new after deleting several unused apps, backing up my pics to Google photo and cleaning the cashe. 2gb of unused space now. So I "recommitted" to my X 2013. It's 50/50 personal and business use. Works how I need it to work both at work, at home or on the road for work and in the car on bluetooth. Battery won't last the day but at work it's on the charger. If I do upgrade, I'm hoping the Droid Turbo 2 becomes available in moto maker unlocked because I see it as a worthy successor for someone like me with heavy business usage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A Project Ara phone. (Modular - you can replace each piece separately, like a desktop.) I want a Samsung Note with a 64 bit processor, about 8GB of RAM, 256GB of internal storage, an SD card slot and a removable battery. Since Samsung probably won't ever make a phone like that, I'm not upgrading. (I can do almost everything with what I have.)

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What phone? That question got answered yesterday when the hubby and I took advantage of the BOGO offer on the new S7. He was having issues charging his Moto G and my Moto X was being all kinds of flaky on me, so we made the move. Our Moto's will still have a second life though! They will now help out with audio playback for our annual Halloween Haunted House.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12