The speaker grill on my Moto X Pure Edition fell off

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello ac fellows,

I just received my 2nd moto x pure and my speaker fell off lol. I request a replacement right away :(

72b7c68b8aabb6508cf8f65c5294a77e.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto x pure speaker grille fell off.

Bummer! I hope you get a new replacement device quickly.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Bummer! I hope you get a new replacement device quickly.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

I am going through standard replacement because if you do advance exchange, they told me that they will charge $24.99 fee and $99+ tax hold my credit card. Hopefully, I get a new replacement. Thanks.

scott1001001

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

I am going through standard replacement because if you do advance exchange, they told me that they will charge $24.99 fee and $99+ tax hold my credit card. Hopefully, I get a new replacement. Thanks.

They told me the same thing until I said, Let me get this right. You sent me a broken phone, charged my credit card and now I have to pay you $25 to get a replacement? The tech support person went away for about 60 seconds and said, OK, hold on to the existing phone until you get your new one, which took about 1 week.

I was going to try to work around the issues of the first one I received, but it was too painful, sent it back immediately, switched back to my M8. New Moto X PE is working fine.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

They told me the same thing until I said, Let me get this right. You sent me a broken phone, charged my credit card and now I have to pay you $25 to get a replacement? The tech support person went away for about 60 seconds and said, OK, hold on to the existing phone until you get your new one, which took about 1 week.

I was going to try to work around the issues of the first one I received, but it was too painful, sent it back immediately, switched back to my M8. New Moto X PE is working fine.
When I had issues with my screen being yellow, the Moto rep I talked to didn't mention anything about charging me. I looked at my credit card and nothing. The rep created a code for me to go back on to motorola.com website and reorder my phone. I entered the code and it came out to $0.00. I still have the original phone and will have to ship it back to Motorola using the prepaid label that they sent me once I get the replacement (received it today and it's perfectly fine)

I would of raised hell as well if they try and charged me $25 for a defective phone the moment I opened the box. I can understand maybe if it was after the 30 day warranty or something or right before it but not with in 2 days of using it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Considering Best Buy is seeing returns and others here due to heat issues, yellow display and speaker grills coming off, maybe Motorola is being more "defensive" in their replacement policy now IF they are higher than normal. Perhaps reps state this now and then relent if the customer pushes back. Probably one out of four do not push back.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

The same thing happened to my OG Moto X a few weeks ago. I don't know when it happened but after getting my new Moto X Pure, I pulled my old one out and noticed it.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Considering Best Buy is seeing returns and others here due to heat issues, yellow display and speaker grills coming off, maybe Motorola is being more "defensive" in their replacement policy now IF they are higher than normal. Perhaps reps state this now and then relent if the customer pushes back. Probably one out of four do not push back.

As a huge Motorola fan, I hate to say it, but it does seem as though Moto is having some QC issues. Not sure if due to the change in management, a supplier of hardware components, or just a bad batch. One Phandroid blogger received a phone with a defective screen right out of the box. Every phone release has a percentage that simply doesn't work correctly, but something seems a bit off this time. I realize this forum and couple of blogs is a small sample size, but I don't recall this many reported problems, this early, when the 2014 launched. I hope they resolve the issues that seem to be arising.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc