Took the MXPE to Canada this weekend and had no cell coverage!

Crazy Yankee

Jul 20, 2010
www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com
Can anyone shed some light on why? Cellular network type was set to "Global" and it still wouldn't give me anything. I turned off Data Roaming and Cellular Data like I always do when I'm in Canada, but this phone wouldn't catch a signal. I even turned both on to see if I could get a signal, but it still wouldn't.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone shed some light on why? Cellular network type was set to "Global" and it still wouldn't give me anything. I turned off Data Roaming and Cellular Data like I always do when I'm in Canada, but this phone wouldn't catch a signal. I even turned both on to see if I could get a signal, but it still wouldn't.

Before you left, did you check with your carrier to see if the part of Canada you were visiting would be covered? Did you try a prepaid sim from a carrier in Canada?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No, I was only across the border. My friend with a G5 had great service. I've never had this problem with any other phone that I've bought from VZ before.

That is interesting. It could have been something temporarily wrong at that moment. If you're right across the border you should have still been able to get a signal, especially if its something that you've done in the past. How often do you cross the border? If often enough I'd try again to see what happens. If the same thing happens then it may be something with the phone because the phone is supposed to pick up any Verizon tower in the area if you have a Verizon sim in it.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I also brought a MXPE (back) to Canada and it's working without any issues.
Try setting the Cellular network to "LTE", not "Global"

Sorry, forgot my phone at home today so cannot check for you right now. If the above doesn't work, I'll check my setting when I am home.

Edit: I'm with Telus, and I get LTE service, with fallback to HSPA+

Crazy Yankee

Jul 20, 2010
www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com
So, I was in Canada earlier this week and the phone still wouldn't work. I called Verizon and they are telling me that because it's an unlocked phone, and they didn't sell it, that I'm gonna have to deal with it. Kind of frustrated. Think it could be my SIM card? Although, this is a new SIM card from my previous experience back in November.

I'm on Verizon BTW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair