Issue with WIFI since Lollipop update

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
So ever since I updated to Lollipop the wifi on my phone has been acting funny. It's connected to my network but it shows the arrow on top as if it's uploading or something but it's stuck like that and I can't access the internet until I turn off wifi and then turn it back on. I have wiped the cache and have done a factory reset since the update. Anyone have any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that happen with any wi-fi network, or just yours? If it's just yours, try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in again.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't remember if it happened while on another wifi. I have had to unplug my router a few times recently and it doesn't seem to help this. It hasn't happened in a couple days and appears to be random. I'll try and track what i'm doing when I notice it happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Log into your router's settings on your computer browser and try changing a few settings temporarily. Maybe turn off security as a test (but don't leave it off permanently).

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen a lot as well. It's been a while since I looked around trying to figure out what was going on. There are several threads about it here in the forum. This one in particular - http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2013/361441-moto-x-not-connecting-wifi.html#post4602108 - solved it for me -- Toggle Bluetooth off/on. I guess "solved" is not really correct, as I sometimes still have to toggle Bluetooth on and off. It is so annoying, because I NEVER had this problem before Lollipop.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I don't really want to mess with my wifi settings as I can't seem to make the issue come up. It seems to be very random. Toggling bluetooth didn't effect anything. I think the issue people in that thread were having is different than mine. I feel like it has to do with playing a game as I notice it while playing Yahtzee with Buddies and Lara Croft Go. I just can't figure out what is causing it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's also worth checking your router's support page to see if there are any firmware updates.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000