Not getting normal LTE speeds on ATT need some help

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I tried posting this before I remembered my password to this account (so if a mod seeds identical threads please delete one). So I bought the pure off amazon about a week ago when they had the 50 dollars off deal. Its just the 16 gb Pure white model number XT1575 if that helps anything.

After receiving it I went to att to get a nano sim since the s5 I was using was a micro (?) I think. Since then my download speeds are consistently between 5-15 mb/s as opposed to the 30+ I would get normally. All of the speed tests are taken from the same spot in my home. Also using other family members phones in the same spot still show the same 30+ mb/s which was the norm before switching to this device. Tests were done using ookla app. Also I should add the phone shows "LTE" next to the signal so I assume that means I am connected to LTE and not 4g.

To me it seems like there is something that is not allowing me to get full speeds. I have heard of others having similar problems and having to use spoof IMEI numbers or something like that, except right now I don't think att has any Motorola phones that I could even ask them to try that with. Is there anything I can do in the settings that would help? Would going to the store and telling them my problem even accomplish anything? Since I purchased a non-carrier phone I get the sinking feeling they are not going to be very helpful if they are even willing to help me at all since I didnt buy my device from them.

Anyone? I really like this phone but Im afraid if nothing can be done I will have to return/sell it.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Well the part of your question regarding not seeing 4G and only LTE has been answered here in the forums before. But since the MXPE is not a carrier phone and is unlocked, it will not say 4G because that is strictly carrier "branding" terminology. But you are definitely getting 4G LTE just the same - the 4G is just carrier labeling.

Posted via the Android Central App

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Since I now have a nano sim I think I would have to go buy a sim tray in order to put it back in my s5. Any idea if any local stored would have one or should I just order it off amazon. Via advice on another forum I checked the apn settings and they seem all in order.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Are you by chance running off your Wifi and not the LTE network? Is your phone actually saying LTE when you do the test? Does the test say ATT or your ISP provider?
My phone switches to wifi automatically to save on Data and also because my wifi download speeds are 60Mbps as compared to 35-40Mbps on LTE. When I go to my fathers on his 'Lite" wifi service, I only get 8-10Mbps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz