Update to Marshmallow Moto X Play

MotoXTC

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I would love to post pictures but can't post links yet, since I'm new here.
I just want to say that I have experience with DSLR cameras, and I'm fairly critical.
First off the camera software that comes with the phone blows. No touch focus and no ability to change the size (resolution) of pictures. So each one you shoot will be 5-6MB.
After trying a bunch of other apps, I find Google Camera does everything I need for shooting pics. Including being able to change resolution for the back AND front camera. As well as the ability to touch focus.
I find HDR mode helps with low light (if you wish to limit post processing) and low light focusing has been just fine even with macro, and the depth to field has been great.
Overall, for all this phone has to offer, including the price, the camera really has nothing to complain about once you install better software. It should surprise you with what it's capable of.

Just wanted to mention that I got the phone with 5.1 and am currently using 6.
I haven't noticed much difference between the two. I found 5.1 to be quite capable, but I find the battery to drain faster during use with 6. Or I'm just using the phone much more now.....??

Edit: I find the onboard camera to be very good for close-up macro shots, and the Google Camera to be very inconsistent.
I'm currently looking for another app which meets all my needs.

Last edited:

MotoXTC

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Performance is good. Within the OS everything works very fast. Haven't noticed any slowdowns in games.
Lots of reviews on YouTube guys. That's how I made my choice.

Naveen Piedy

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Also, is chop chop feature enabled and any info about the gyro? Was hoping that gyro was indeed there and was disabled in lollipop.

Posted via Moto X Play

yusufdawasaz

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
The time Lenovo has taken Motorola, it has become extremely slow in providing updates. I am fed of hearing that Moto X Play in india will get marshmallow update soon. When it is getting? or Is it getting or not in India?

rumblecats

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Now On Tap works quite smoothly. I don't have much to use it for yet but am looking forward to learning more about it and figuring out when and where it can be applied.

My update was ready out of the box last week in Canada, so hopefully you guys get it in India shortly. It's a shame that they can't pull off international roll-outs.

Naveen Piedy

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Any word about the chop chop feature ?

Really want doze. Google play services is draining my battery at nights.

Posted via Moto X Play

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
The chop feature wasn't on my MM update. Not sure why the moto g got that but not the X play. Actually would have been useful to be honest.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1748.jpg
    1748.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 23

rumblecats

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Regarding Chop Chop, Motorola actually released a statement on Twitter saying that there is capability for that gesture in the X Play but they haven't been able to get it to a stable usage in its current state on the software side. So until they decide that it is fit for public use, they probably won't release it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Raulprem

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Got updated today in India..Too early to comment on performance improvements as all OS after an update gives an impression of performance improvement..

One thing I have observed..my notification tray used to keep on stuttering if I keep holding it down..that has disappeared.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox