Aluminum accent color wearing off already

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else with a colored accent noticed any wear on the back where they place their finger? I just noticed the flat area around the dimple is almost completely work away on one side (I have blue). This thing is barely 2 months old, so I'm very unhappy!

Now I feel like I can't rest my finger on the dimple anymore :(

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine looks new, also blue; a little more than 2 months old. Weird. Hope mine stays this way.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Champagne accents still look the same as day 1.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Champagne accents still look the same as day 1.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Same here. Mine looks exactly how it looked the first day I got the device. I even tried to scratch it with my fingernail to see what would happen and it still didn't have any scratches appear.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Mine looks exactly how it looked the first day I got the device. I even tried to scratch it with my fingernail to see what would happen and it still didn't have any scratches appear.

Scratching doesn't do anything in or around the faded blue on mine either. Really disappointed to see this at all, let alone so soon. I guess I just hope it doesn't get any worse!

devang69

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Here's a strange question, but could it have something to do with the metal reacting to your skin, sort of like how some people can't wear certain types of jewelry because it turns their skin green. If it does, and you use the phone pressed up against your skin, what about trying to use the phone with earbuds instead, just to see if the fading stays the same?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's a strange question, but could it have something to do with the metal reacting to your skin, sort of like how some people can't wear certain types of jewelry because it turns their skin green. If it does, and you use the phone pressed up against your skin, what about trying to use the phone with earbuds instead, just to see if the fading stays the same?

In your analogy, it is the human reacting to the material, and in my situation it's the material "reacting" to the human. Are you suggesting the oils of my skin are different than other's? :p

I'm not sure what you're saying about ear buds, as the fading I'm experiencing is happening in the metal dimple on the back, not the speakers on the front. I have, however, tried to put my finger in the dimple less often, but it's very hard to do unless I'm actively avoiding it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar