Your thoughts on the Marshmallow "update"

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, i was just wondering what everybody thinks about the Marshmallow update in general. Personally, I don't see how it can be seen as a major update. It doesn't even look any different for a start. Surely a "major" update should at least have a different look about it. If a car manufacturer releases an updated model of a car, the new model doesn't look exactly the same as the old one does it?!

The battery bug that was in Lollipop is still there which is really poor in my opinion. Doze doesn't seem to have had any positive impact on my battery performance, if anything its been worse lately.

Just seems like a few extra features have been added and a couple of alterations made under the hood. Certainly doesn't feel like a major update to me. Should have been called Lollipop 5.2 rather than tout it as a new OS.

Posted via the Android Central App

bart1967

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I agree it's more like 5.2, but it's been a worthwhile update for me. I can see a difference in battery life on standby, though only on standby. I like the new permissions system. The only downside so far has been the transfer of those Moto Assist functions to the OS, where they don't work as well.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with it. The standby time is alot better. Also performance is smoother. The app permissions are good and the copy/paste function is so much better.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In general I like it, but add me to the "feels more like 5.2" bandwagon. Not sure I'm a fan of this new system of making every new version a full bump in number rather than a point release, but maybe they're just trying to mimic iOS and reduce confusion.

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm fairly new to Android after walking away from IOS last year. I have a 2014 moto x and have downloaded but not installed the update. Every day when I receive the notification to install the update I simply delay it. Is there a way to delete the update file? I'm happy with my device as is and don't want to risk having something getting broken in the process. If I can delete the file where specifically is it located? I've looked at all the locations listed under "storage" and can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.