How do I disable air wake up?

A

AC Question

How do I disable "air wake up"

I do not like the air wake up feature. My Moto X Play keeps turning on when I don't want it to and it drains the battery a bit. I can't figure out how to disable it. I tried to get help online, and the advice was to go to the dexterity options in the accessibility settings, but they do not appear. I can find the accessibility settings, but nothing about dexterity and gestures.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I disable "air wake up"

Open the Moto app, in there should be settings that you can adjust to change this behavior. This is a device-specific setting so it's likely adjusted in a manufacturer-supplied app rather than in the regular settings menu.

It may also be in the Active Display options within the settings.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I disable "air wake up"

I do not like the air wake up feature. My Moto X Play keeps turning on when I don't want it to and it drains the battery a bit. I can't figure out how to disable it. I tried to get help online, and the advice was to go to the dexterity options in the accessibility settings, but they do not appear. I can find the accessibility settings, but nothing about dexterity and gestures.

Hi, welcome to the forums! Do you mean the wake up feature every time you pick your phone app or receive a notification? If so, as Hallux said, this is Moto Display on action. Try this. Open your app drawer, search for the Moto app and tap on it, in the Hello screen tap on the three dots/stars top right and select Display. In this screen you can disable this feature or change some settings.