Does the stock PE have any .pdf reader?

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
So I downloaded a .pdf file, but when I click on it in the Download folder, I got an error msg that says "Can't open file" Do I need a 3rd party app to read .pdf files, ie Adobe Reader? Thanks.

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't remember if Drive PDF Viewer was pre-installed or not, but that's what I use. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....google.android.apps.pdfviewer&token=aMfblrvY

Doesn't seem like Drive PDF Viewer works for me. I think maybe I don't have Google Drive enabled. However, I use Adobe Acrobat Reader and it's working for me so far. On a somewhat different note, as I know you're the expert here. Do you know how to clear the contents in the Downloads icon? I deleted all the downloaded files using my PC when connecting the phone using the USB, and it shows nothing in the Download folder. But when I click on the Downloads icon on the phone, it still shows all the files that I had downloaded.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only problem with Adobe is weight - it's a lot of program for a small function. Foxit MobilePDF is much lighter (uses fewer resources).

To clear the download history, tap the icon, tap "Clear List" (at the bottom) and tell it to clear.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have both Docs and Drive installed. I don't recall downloading any PDF viewers but I haven't had any issues opening PDFs on my Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Google PDF viewer is available in the Play Store. It's supposed to be the like the Drive viewer but decoupled from Google drive. It looks like a lighter program in terms of memory size.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've got built in PDF viewers with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Dropbox and ES File Explorer. If you're interested in those apps, you'll get a PDF viewer with them.

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
The only problem with Adobe is weight - it's a lot of program for a small function. Foxit MobilePDF is much lighter (uses fewer resources).

To clear the download history, tap the icon, tap "Clear List" (at the bottom) and tell it to clear.

Thank you. I checked out Foxit MobilePDF on Play Store and it shows 18M file size, and I went to Apps and checked out my Adobe Acrobat Reader, it shows 17.60 MB filesize. Essentially the same.