Storage question on the 16 GB model

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I know the PE uses 6,50 GB for the OS

Now I check my internal storage for the rest, I should have 9.50 GB. It says I am using 7.99 GB which does not make sense, I have nothing downloaded on the device, other then the apps, which is says that is using 3.50 GB. Any suggestions as to where all the storage is, see screenshot below. TIA

Screenshot_20160218-105004.jpg

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Storage question on the 16 GB unit

Looking at mine, the OS uses 8gb. Put in a storage card and free yourself of worry.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

I think they partition more than they need for the os for future updates. I'm not 100% but I've read that.

Posted via the Android Central App

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Question - I understand that the Moto X Pure can treat a SD card as local storage. That being said, is there any point to buying a Moto X Pure with more than 16GB of on-board storage? Is the SD card truly treated as if it were on-board?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Question - I understand that the Moto X Pure can treat a SD card as local storage. That being said, is there any point to buying a Moto X Pure with more than 16GB of on-board storage? Is the SD card truly treated as if it were on-board?
Yes, you can put an sd card in and adopt the storage as internal to have one big storage space. I've heard twrp has trouble seeing things on adopted storage if that matters

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

You've got almost half a Gig of cache there from that screenshot, clearing that would free up space. The system maybe calculating data stored from apps.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Walnut covered MXPE

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante