Moto X Pure charging problems, what could it be?

FranciscoPure

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Moto X Pure charging problems

Hi, I got my Moto X a month ago, I always charged it with a samsung charger from an old galaxy s4 because I dont have the original charger, cero problems so far, until last saturday. That day I was charging it and using it and suddenly noticed my battery was draining instead of increasing. On monday I bought a new charger and cable with the same specs as the one I was using (5v and 2amp) and it works on the phone but now like the other one used to. I tried it on other phones and it works correctly. The battery duration is correct, its just a charging speed problem. Right now for example it says aproximately 4 hours to charge from 50% to 100%. Ive tried charging in safe mode, and its practically the same, I cleaned the usb port by blowing in to it (though there was no dust or anything) and scrapping gently with the sim removal tool. Anyone had a similar issue? I dont know what to do. Later today a friend will lend me his turbocharger to see if it helps, but there clearly is another problem.

FranciscoPure

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I after using my friends original turbo charger i got up from 66 to 92 in 20 minutes and from 92 to 99 in another 20. Now Im going to completely drain the battery, maybe it is a calibration issue. Also, Ive already tried cleaning the cache from both the apps and the cache partition.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure charging problems

Hi, I got my Moto X a month ago, I always charged it with a samsung charger from an old galaxy s4 because I dont have the original charger, cero problems so far, until last saturday. That day I was charging it and using it and suddenly noticed my battery was draining instead of increasing. On monday I bought a new charger and cable with the same specs as the one I was using (5v and 2amp) and it works on the phone but now like the other one used to. I tried it on other phones and it works correctly. The battery duration is correct, its just a charging speed problem. Right now for example it says aproximately 4 hours to charge from 50% to 100%. Ive tried charging in safe mode, and its practically the same, I cleaned the usb port by blowing in to it (though there was no dust or anything) and scrapping gently with the sim removal tool. Anyone had a similar issue? I dont know what to do. Later today a friend will lend me his turbocharger to see if it helps, but there clearly is another problem.

When you use the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger, does it show the "TurboPower" message?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

FranciscoPure

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Had a complicated week, sorry for not answering before. The phone is new. I downloaded Amperen and took screenshots with a few combinations of 3 diferrent chargers and 2 diferrent cables (one of the chargers and one of the cables are brand new).
Also, on one of the screens, it says max amps at around 1800 but that was just for a second, it wasnt constant, it happened twice, on another try it said 4200 aprox, but then imediatly returned to a few hundred miliamps.
Screenshot_20160407-224059.jpg
Screenshot_20160407-224410.jpg
Screenshot_20160407-224436.jpg
Screenshot_20160407-224813.jpg

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
When using the App how long have you let it charge a few minutes before swapping to another charger? It takes a bit of time for the App to accuratly measure the power. since the phone works with the Moto Turbo charger I do not think it's the phone. When I use a charger other than the Turbo I get the same output into the phone as your 510 ma screenshot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel