What can I do about my First Gen Moto X crashing?

Noop279

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Starting last night, my phone keeps optimizing apps (where it shows "optimizing app xx of xx" ) and after it's done, it crashes when it says something like "loading apps." Once my phone crashes, it restarts itself and goes through the process again. It's very frustrating. My phone was doing this all night. The only way I've found to stop it from doing it, is to let the battery die. When I charge it up and try loading it again, it goes through the same horrendous cycle again. I don't know what my options are now other than getting a new phone. I'd hope to be able to salvage my phone though, because I have some important stuff on there..

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You can try booting into safemode. This will run only the system apps and any apps you installed that are causing the crash will not start. I have not used these steps personally...just pulled them from a good search:

Press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge of the device; above the volume keys) until the options menu appears then release. Select and hold Power off until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears (approximately 1 second). Press and hold the Power button until the Motorola logo appears then release.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae