Pleasantly Surprised

Afterlife6661

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
My two year old LG G3 took a Verizon update and just minutes after was basically unusable. The screen would flicker and fade to black before I even had a chance to type my password in. So I needed to get a new phone, and quickly. That left a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't want another LG and couldn't fork over the coin for a S7 Edge. The Moto X Pure was basically the only phone readily available at BestBuy that fit my budget. I picked up the 32gb version for $350.

So far so good. I am really impressed by this phone for the price point. There are a few things I miss such as being able to just turn on Wifi/Bluetooth other accessories from the status bar up top without having to go through a few menus to get there first. But I will get used to that. Obviously the speed of this thing is blazing right now, much faster than my G3. The speakers sound amazing and while the display doesn't compare to the higher end models its still beautiful and has been perfect for everyday use so far. One of the things I was worried about was battery life, as a lot of the reviews say it had terrible battery life. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because the battery has been extremely acceptable to me. I think the reviewers heard other people say this then everyone just jumped on board with the idea so they wouldn't be different. I am able to get a full days heavy use out of this thing and the quick charge is a nice added feature, though I don't find myself using it all to often since you can't replace the battery. One thing I am disappointed in is that you cant change the back cover off this to something else. I wish they thought of this and made a simple removable back cover, but that's ok. The black rubber texture is nice and grippy. I meant to buy a phone that I could flip in the upcoming year when I could afford a more expensive flagship phone, but as it stands right now I can really see myself using this phone for the next two or three years. I never was high on Motorola but I am really really happy and pleased with this phone. I just wish there was a tempered glass screen protector that didn't have the "halo" effect, but beggers cant be choosers.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Glad you are liking the device.

There are a few things I miss such as being able to just turn on Wifi/Bluetooth other accessories from the status bar up top without having to go through a few menus
You don't have to keep digging through menus. You can either pull the shade down with 2 fingers and get the quick toggles, or just pull the shade down from the status bar, and down again to get the toggles.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Can't think of a better bang-for-buck phone, and at $350 for 32Gb, you did well there.
I love my MXPE with wood back, and suspect it will be hanging around a lot longer (had mine since Nov 15)

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Glad you are liking the device.

You don't have to keep digging through menus. You can either pull the shade down with 2 fingers and get the quick toggles, or just pull the shade down from the status bar, and down again to get the toggles.

Or use something like PowerToggles, a free widget that lets you add buttons for stuff like that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692