Gordon D Miller

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue recently with Moto Voice? Since updating the Google app, when I try to send a text by voice while my phone is locked, I now get a reply saying it cannot do this while the phone is locked. I use it almost daily and it has worked until just a couple days ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you with no lock screen, there are no issues. Might try a different lock type, and see if it follows a particular lock screen?

Gordon D Miller

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this on their device? I use a simple pin to unlock as always. I also have phone set to allow commands while device is locked.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue recently with Moto Voice? Since updating the Google app, when I try to send a text by voice while my phone is locked, I now get a reply saying it cannot do this while the phone is locked. I use it almost daily and it has worked until just a couple days ago.

Pretty sure there's a setting that you must select in Moto Voice in order to use voice commands when the phone is locked.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and I think it's due to a change in how Google Now works. Moto Voice on my phone passes most requests over to Google Now. There's a setting to allow different voice actions when the phone is locked if you're using a headset but not through the handset. I think the solution might be to switch over to using Google Now "OK Google" from any screen with trusted voice enabled but I have to play around with it some. MrMobile or Russell might have a better answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton