Any tips or tricks for keeping the phone cool when gaming?

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my moto X for 4 or 5 months now and love it. My only gripe is when gaming this thing sizzles. I've literally had to shut graphic intense games off after 10 minutes as the temps would go from 75 degrees to 110 that quickly. I've tried decreasing the brightness to the minimum level possible, taking the case off, playing in airplane mode, in front of a fan etc. Nothing works.

My only assumption at this point is that it's the 808 or the phone itself and I'm stuck with it. Anyone else experiencing the same and if so what do you do? Or should I not worry about it at 110 or 120 degrees. Perhaps I'm being paranoid?

Posted via the Android Central App

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Edit... In the few minutes that it took me to create the above post, I went from 85 degrees to 101!!

Posted via the Android Central App

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I was at Starbucks the other day and rested the X sans case on a cute industrial design table that was half inch steel plate. Played for half an hour, no noticeable heat...

Maybe a micro USB cooling fan...

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
And if you think gaming warms the phone up...

I spent 2 days with my student navigating ALSU, the beautifully landscaped campus of Absurdly Large State University😂

All buildings look the same and it was necessary to run Google Maps. Ten minute of use, battery life down by 10%, phone at 110-115F...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2