No MXPE "2" seems a bad move

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Besides the solid build and customization, a key feature that drew people in was the stereo speakers. Does Lenovo not get that a few updates to the MXPE could have been sales gold?

OLED 5.7"

64gb

3500 mah battery

Camera update

Increase price $100 (still good price)

Boom! Sales hit.

Instead they release the MZ that appears tunnel vision designed to sell add ons that without seems half done due to visible add on connectors, big bezel and size for 5.5" display and no stereo speakers. Oh, and in spite of relying on attach rates for add ons, priced the device to where most attachments sell poorly.

I really like the Note 7, but when I see my son using my MXPE, can't help but think Lenovo screwed up.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Besides the solid build and customization, a key feature that drew people in was the stereo speakers. Does Lenovo not get that a few updates to the MXPE could have been sales gold?

OLED 5.7"

64gb

3500 mah battery

Camera update

Increase price $100 (still good price)

Boom! Sales hit.

Instead they release the MZ that appears tunnel vision designed to sell add ons that without seems half done due to visible add on connectors, big bezel and size for 5.5" display and no stereo speakers. Oh, and in spite of relying on attach rates for add ons, priced the device to where most attachments sell poorly.

I really like the Note 7, but when I see my son using my MXPE, can't help but think Lenovo screwed up.
This device is almost a year old now, and TBH if it was $100 more I would have looked at something else regardless of features...

Who knows what the new X will bring though, there have been rumors of one, guess we just wait and see.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I doubt there will be a new X this year and apparently the 2015 didn't sell well. I've enjoyed my MXPE, but it has its weaknesses. Your suggestions would make for a good phone. I'm enjoying the Z Force, although I prefer the form factor of the MXPE.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The size finally got to me. After 3 phabs over the last 2 or 3 years I'm just done with the larger devices. Loved the X the most tho. Moved to the HTC 10 and get a lot better battery and the 5.2" has become my new sweet spot for size. I'd like to see an X with a choice of screen sizes. Alas tho, I think Lenovo is going to stick with the Z. I can echo the comments about it not seeming like a completely done phone. the added weight of the battery mod is to much. The plain shell mods seem ok, but then less battery available. The new pixel phones might be worth a look. Don't care for that name, sounds to Disney-esque. But the bottom line is not the name but the performance and hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol