Verizon data widget and Verizon Cloud not working.

goodguy1784

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't login to the Verizon Cloud app and the Verizon data widget always says "tap to connect". Anybody successful in getting those working correctly? Called Verizon and got no where . Factory reset did not help either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! I'm guessing that you got the phone unlocked, and activated it on Verizon, correct? (That is, you didn't get the phone directly from Verizon.) I wonder if those Verizon apps only work if they're preinstalled on the phone.

Trek_98

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The data widget worked fine on my X for almost a year until a couple of weeks ago when Norton Antivirus suddenly reported it as a security risk.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It is an unlocked phone. Why have the apps in the play store if they don't work with unlocked phones?

Just because an app is in the Play Store doesn't mean it's compatible with all devices. When I look up the Verizon Cloud app, it shows that it is not compatible with my Nexus 6P or Honor 5X (both of which come unlocked). It is, however, compatible with my ZenFone 2, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 tablets. Not sure why!:confused:

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
The widget from the My Verizon app recently stopped working for me too OP. My phone is Droid Maxx 2 from VRZN. The meter is stuck at 78 percent for the past month or so. Argh. I relied on that widget to quickly access my usage and not have to used the app to check online. I repeat ... Argh.