Maintenance Release Notes: September 1, 2016 Security Patch

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Ry, has it been pushed to your phone yet?

Is there a way to "force" the update?
I keep getting:
"Your device's software is up to date"

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do I need to put my Verizon SIM in or does it not matter?
Carrier isn't relevant, I am on AT&T and still nothing... You have to be on WiFi anyway since it comes directly from Moto.

Be patient, Moto rolls these out in phases and it might take a week or two.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
As posted here earlier, I received the September security update on my MXPE last week. I'm in North Carolina, running on Verizon Wireless,

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes -- in the "Any way to force a security patch update?" thread. I assume the September 1 security update will be rolled out in due course to all MXPE devices; this time, I just happened to be among the first to receive it.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes -- in the "Any way to force a security patch update?" thread. I assume the September 1 security update will be rolled out in due course to all MXPE devices; this time, I just happened to be among the first to receive it.

What a shame this statement is.
It seems unreasonable to me that we sit here, nearly January, speculating in the arrival time is a security patch from SEPTEMBER.
Is it silly to me to expect to receive a security patch, way earlier than four months down the road?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What a shame this statement is.
It seems unreasonable to me that we sit here, nearly January, speculating in the arrival time is a security patch from SEPTEMBER.
Is it silly to me to expect to receive a security patch, way earlier than four months down the road?

Motorola never committed to doing these monthly.

Clifford Woolfork

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
System Update Today, 10th Jan 2017

Just received the notification. Once I get back to work I'll update. Anyone else get it?

Attachments

• 3321.jpg
    3321.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 143

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt