Strange screen issue, anyone else having problems with screen sensitivity?

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Moto X PE for over a year now, and love most everything about it, however lately I have been noticing I've had to wipe the screen more and more as it tends to have difficulty registering my inputs for unlocking the phone, and for the swipe text function.

Has anyone else ran into similar problems? And if so, what have you done to correct it?

Aside from this issue, and the poor camera in low light, this has been one of the best phones I've owned.

scarpozzi

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2015 MXPE that I just got this past Fall. It's been working great until the past few days. (it's why I'm on android central now...searching for an answer) I've had trouble swiping to unlock the screen and noticed it after washing my hands... I assumed I had soap residue causing issues...so I washed and wiped my hands again...cleaned the screen... It didn't solve the issue, but after multiple attempts, I usually am able to get the screen unlocked. Since yesterday, I've started noticing issues with my keyboard recently when typing close to the bottom of the keys...around the letter C, in particular that causes extra characters, spaces, commas, etc to register.

On my lunch break today, it was bad enough that in a text window, I could hover my finger above that area on the screen and the haptic feedback kicked in as it typed about 60+ characters.

I've installed no new software/apps recently, but am assuming this is being caused by an update that was pushed. I haven't tried clearing the cache yet. I'm going to try clearing the cache...I'm not sure what the cause of this could be, but it's certainly a challenging problem to search for because it's a tough thing to describe.

scarpozzi

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I just wiped my cache and stumbled upon a thread called "Touchscreen erratic behavior makes the phone unu..." that suggested the fix was removing the TPU case. I've removed my non TPU case to see if it makes a difference...I can't tell yet. It still seems to be suffering from a few typing issues, but I'm going to give it a few days and see if the problem improves.

Update: After removing the case, my phone was still experiencing the problem...even more so. I took a damp paper towel and cleaned and dried the screen thoroughly again. It appears to be doing a little better, but I'm going to keep checking.

Last edited: