Why So Dead?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
One can i say now. It' the best Moto package in 2017
I waited months for the X4 to be released. I badly needed to replace my aging X Play, the battery started to feel the age after more than two years of turbo power and heavy use. Finally decided to buy the G5S plus. Not bad at all, but my first choice could have been the X4 if released here.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Javier, fwiw you may be able to breathe like new battery life into your X Play by finding a local repair shop to install an OEM replacement battery for under $80 US. I did that a few weeks ago on my Verizon Droid Turbo 2 from 2015, and I'm getting battery life that far exceeds even what I saw when it was brand new, which is a huge surprise.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If I purchase the Android One version do I have to keep it on Fi to keep getting the monthly updates? Based on the bands available it should work on AT&T, correct?

Thanks

mlmeloy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Could you confirm something, please? How much space does the system take? I've heard only half of the 32gb are available for the user

That's seems about right. On my Android One version, system files take up 13.10 gb. I have anther 4.12 gb of apps on mine already. I'm not sure, though, how much of that was already on the phone and how many copied over from my last phone.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X4 form factor would have been perfect for the Moto X Pure!

Now they give me the form factor I want but specs and performance that are closer to the G line than the flagships.

The 32 gb is the biggest issue for me, followed by the camera that from reviews sounds like a step down from their own Z2 Force, which is already bit of a step down from the Pixels, galaxies, etc. Plus processor on the Pure was closer to the high end at the time.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Since the Amazon Prime Exclusive version is so cheap, $329, I may give it a try as I have all of the Moto X gens and the Z Play as my daily. I will sometimes switch to the 2014 Moto X if I want a smaller phone, or even my 2013 for fun sometimes, but the battery life in those two just doesn't do it for me. It's too bad since my 2014 is the 64GB Pure. Anyway, I am so used to the gestures, Moto Voice, etc... that even though I have tried other phones, I have not found anything I really want to stick with and lose those features.

Last edited:

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Since the Amazon Prime Exclusive version is so cheap, $329, I may give it a try as I have all of the Moto X gens and the Z Play as my daily. I will sometimes switch to the 2014 Moto X if I want a smaller phone, or even my 2013 for fun sometimes, but the battery life in those two just doesn't do it for me. It's too bad since my 2014 is the 64GB Pure. Anyway, I am so used to the gestures, Moto Voice, etc... that even though I have tried other phones, I have not found anything I really want to stick with and lose those features.

That Amazon Prime deal is calling my name too. My Pure Edition is still working well, but the battery life just isn't what it used to be. I just don't want to spend big bucks on a flagship phone right now and I still love the Moto only features. I also like the smaller size. The 2014 Moto X was a perfect size so I have no problem going back to that.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That Amazon Prime deal is calling my name too. My Pure Edition is still working well, but the battery life just isn't what it used to be. I just don't want to spend big bucks on a flagship phone right now and I still love the Moto only features. I also like the smaller size. The 2014 Moto X was a perfect size so I have no problem going back to that.

Mine should arrive tomorrow so I will post my impressions after I get it set up.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Sharkita, if battery life is your only major motivator, consider having an OEM replacement battery installed by a local mobile repair shop. Last month I paid $70 for a new battery in my 2015 Motorola Droid Turbo 2, and battery life exceeded (by far) anything I'd seen before, incl. when the phone was brand new (which is a mystery to me).