Why is my Moto X PE suddenly losing charge so quickly?

ZWill

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
My phone (Moto X Pure Edition) has been great for over a year now. There was always plenty of charge left after an average day of use. Then, this morning, it suddenly started draining really quickly. I'm talking 10% of my battery in like 15 minutes quickly. I have gone through forum after forum, clearing my cache, and rebooting my phone, but it's still draining quickly.

Update: I turned down brightness and turned on the battery saver, and it appears to have stopped the drain. I am really confused as to why it suddenly dropped and why my phone is giving me information about 2% of the drain.

Screenshot_20171109-093745.jpg

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Do you see anything unusual in your battery stats? Which apps/processes are using a higher percentage?

Post a screenshot with your battery stats and we can take a look.

ZWill

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
It almost seems like even though the percentage my phone displayed was going down, the battery wasn't actually draining. Can that happen?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It almost seems like even though the percentage my phone displayed was going down, the battery wasn't actually draining. Can that happen?
I hadn't noticed you edited your first post to include the battery stats.

That's weird! That sudden drop doesn't make much sense. It could be some problem with the battery or some temporary glitch with the readings. Try this. Charge the battery until full, leave it charging for an extra half an hour, restart your phone and use it normally. See if the same problem shows up again.

ZWill

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site

ZWill

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I won't be able to try it until I get home from school, so in the meantime I'll just hope that it gets me through the day.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
possibly a new or recently updated app/skin could be the culprit as well. An OS monitor app could be helpful.

ZWill

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I tried charging the battery and restarting my phone. It seems to have solved the problem (knock on wood). Thanks for the suggestion!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy