How to be sure I'm getting a 64 GB NON-Android One XT1900-01 US Model?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I think I've decided on getting an X4 to replace my G5+ that went swimming, but it is very frustrating shopping for one online esp ebay, etc with all the different versions and listings not clear/inconsistent.

What is the part number for the 64 GB non-Android one? And where is it listed on the phone or box so I can ask people to check? (I know PA8S0019US is the Android One version but I see that stated on listings that are not the Android one also, and also listings for 64 GB/3 GB RAM which does not exist to my knowledge.)

Any other way to be sure I'm getting a 64 GB/4 GB NON-Android One US model (XT1900-01)?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Is there any reason why you don't want the Android one version? I'm not sure how to tell any more it seems most listed for sale are the Android one. When I got mine in September 2018 best buy had the 32gb model and that was the non one model in blue or black the 64gb version was Android one.
At B&H both black models were retail Moto version, the blue 32gb also. The 64gb blue model they had was the Android one model..

Today looking at B&H the Moto X4 xt1900-1 mfr#pa8s19us 64gb Android one super black is the only X4 they are offering for sale at $199.99

Except for the pixel style launcher being forced on it with Android pie that's the only major difference between the non one model I know of. It still has the other Moto features app that you can use to enable chop for the torch or wrist twist for camera and more.

Last edited:

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
This is what the Android one model looks with pie and the pixel style launcher. The main thing is the Google search bar can't be moved from the bottom of the screen where it is on all your desktops. This took me a little bit to get used to, since I liked it at the top.

Android one is supposed bc to be about keeping the phone updated. I'm on April security patch since last week. Screenshot_20190430-094519.jpeg

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I forget why, but while doing my research, I found 2 or 3 differences between the standard X4 and the Android One version.

Those differences were enough for me to only want the standard edition.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
OP here: The main difference I found was apparently the Android One version doesn't have fingerprint navigation, which I got used to on my old G5+ and was enough for me to get the non-AO version. It does seem like most of the ones for sale are the AO. The AO part number is PA8S0019US. I ended up getting the "standard" 64 gb version on Amazon, mostly because of the $70 off of list price for applying for an Amazon credit card (that I may never use, no annual fee), part number PA8S0016US. I don't know if that part number is the same on the Amazon Prime version and/or the 32 gb version.

I am happy with the phone so far (3 days), other than the standard 64 gb version was only available in "sterling blue", which is actually shiny silver with a blue-ish tint and is distracting when there is a light over you, like every day in the subway for instance, which gets reflected in the upper and lower bezels. I feel like taking sandpaper to it! Almost enough for me to return it and get the black one from Electronics Force for $72 more, which seems to be about the only place to get a black 64 gb non-Android One model, if that is in fact what it is, but hopefully I'll get used to it somehow.

As for the updates, when I first got it going it went though numerous updates including getting Android 9.0 (Pie) and monthly updates through April 2019. Based on that it seems like it has been getting updates as regularly as the Android One version, so far. That one was guaranteed updates for two years, I think, and according to GSM Arena the Moto X4 was released OCT 2017, so hopefully the updates will continue until at least OCT 2019.

Edit: About the google search bar, in the non-AO one I can just remove it, which I have since I never use it (I always open Chrome to go to the internet) and it makes more room for apps - that would annoy me if it was stuck on the bottom like that.

Last edited:

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes you are correct you can not use the finger print scanner to navigate the phone on AO version. I totally forget that. The choices on the AO version are the 3 nav buttons or you can go into settings and turn on the single pill button style navigation, I did not like that and prefer the old way.

The Android One program was supposed to be 2 years of Android version updates and 3 years of security updates. That said it will likey not get Android Q but if that holds true get security updates for Pie until September or October 2020.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes you are correct you can not use the finger print scanner to navigate the phone on AO version. I totally forget that. The choices on the AO version are the 3 nav buttons or you can go into settings and turn on the single pill button style navigation, I did not like that and prefer the old way.

The Android One program was supposed to be 2 years of Android version updates and 3 years of security updates. That said it will likey not get Android Q but if that holds true get security updates for Pie until September or October 2020.

My girlfriend has a AO 64GB from Best Buy and I distinctly remember when setting up the phone that you can use the navigation button or use the on screen buttons (users choice)

She hated the nav button stuff. She’s using the onscreen buttons now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie