Moto X4 in US- 3 different software upgrade/support paths?

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I am confused with the new Moto X4. Do we assume all three US versions will not be getting the same software updates? From what I can see there will be 3 variations of the X4 in the US- Amazon Prime X4, Project Fi/Android One X4 and Unlocked X4. Will the Project Fi version be the only version that will get routine updates from Google? or can we assume the Amazon and/or the Unlocked version will too? Has Moto been clear about the software upgrade paths for the various models?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am confused with the new Moto X4. Do we assume all three US versions will not be getting the same software updates? From what I can see there will be 3 variations of the X4 in the US- Amazon Prime X4, Project Fi/Android One X4 and Unlocked X4. Will the Project Fi version be the only version that will get routine updates from Google? or can we assume the Amazon and/or the Unlocked version will too? Has Moto been clear about the software upgrade paths for the various models?

Yes 3.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Got some answers from Moto support forum:

Moto X4 Android One on Project Fi will get updates directly from Google.

Two other versions will get updates from Moto.

Not answered yet: If Moto X4 Android One bought on Fi is used with other MVNO will they still get updates from Google.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Not answered yet: If Moto X4 Android One bought on Fi is used with other MVNO will they still get updates from Google.

Hmm? I'm using android one version, but not with Fi, and I'm still on 7.1.1 November security patch. Maybe you must be activated on Fi to qualify.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still don't believe the Android One versions will get updates from Google, not Motorola.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca