I noticed several Moto Actions, including 'one button nav' are missing from the Project Fi/AndroidOne version of the Moto X4.

Also, the ability to connect to four bluetooth devices at once is not available, as far as I can tell.

Why did Google and/or Lenovo remove these features for the AndroidOne version?

Is the AndroidOne version the only one that will work on Project Fi out of the box?

I'd rather return this AndroidOne version and get one that has all of the appropriate features that this phone was hyped to have.

Thanks for your help!

(I've been on Nexus devices since the Galaxy Nexus and now have a Pixel XL. The Moto X4 is for my wife, she is coming from iOS).
    11-04-2017 10:51 AM
    Android One are basically Nexus, so no non stock Android features as much as possible. Since Moto Actions are not Stock Android features, Android One devices won't have them.
    11-04-2017 10:54 AM
    on the Bluetooth feature, maybe Tempow Audio Profile isn't licensed for the Android One version.
    11-04-2017 12:19 PM
    Android One are basically Nexus, so no non stock Android features as much as possible. Since Moto Actions are not Stock Android features, Android One devices won't have them.
    Sorry but that is incorrect and is spreading misinformation. The AndroidOne Moto X4 has *plenty* of Moto Actions, it is just missing a few key ones (like the ones I mentioned plus a couple more). It has at least 10 of them though.

Anyone else know why only *certain* Moto Actions were omitted?
    11-04-2017 12:20 PM
    Sorry but that is incorrect and is spreading misinformation. The AndroidOne Moto X4 has *plenty* of Moto Actions, it is just missing a few key ones (like the ones I mentioned plus a couple more). It has at least 10 of them though.

Really? Well that's kinda odd when Android One was advertised as stock Android only. Oh well. Thanks.
    editguy and blue duck butter like this.
    11-04-2017 12:35 PM

Android One means a Google's phone with Google software and they removed everything they considered conflicting with the Google experience. So there's no Moto Voice or Alexa and you need to use Google Assistant and so on.

There could some technical reasons for them not including the one-button nav or the new Bluetooth features (deep code that could interfere with the promised timely updates), but I think the main reason is what they consider to be the Google experience that you can find on Nexus or Pixel.
    11-04-2017 01:31 PM
    There's a misunderstanding on the Project Fi Android One phones. They are not like the developing market Android One phones.
    blue duck butter likes this.
    11-04-2017 03:24 PM
    Not this time.

Google needs to brand these things better.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-2017 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the info, all. One other issue I mentioned in my OP but wasn't very clear about: Since all the hardware is the same across all versions of the X4, will the other work properly on Project Fi with full network switching and wifi calling? Will Project Fi even activate the others on their network?
    11-05-2017 10:57 AM
    Google said on its project fi website that the regular Moto X4 should work as well. The Android One version is what they cell. I would not expect a non-US retail version to work.
    11-10-2017 08:17 PM