As a fan of Motorola products, especially the original Moto X, guess I had to at least give the Moto X4 a chance.

While I think overall it's a decent phone, i think calling it the Moto X is probably a way to try and get people to give this phone chance, more than it is a continuation of the Moto X spirit.

It's actually a pretty good mid-range device. Nice premium design, IP68 rating, decent camera for the price, decent performance too. I do have a few things I wished were different, but on the whole it's not bad. :/
    B. Diddy and Krolt like this.
    12-03-2017 02:49 AM

As a fan of Motorola products, especially the original Moto X, guess I had to at least give the Moto X4 a chance.

While I think overall it's a decent phone, i think calling it the Moto X is probably a way to try and get people to give this phone chance, more than it is a continuation of the Moto X spirit.

It's actually a pretty good mid-range device. Nice premium design, IP68 rating, decent camera for the price, decent performance too. I do have a few things I wished were different, but on the whole it's not bad. :/
    What are the things that you wished are different?
    12-08-2017 09:08 AM
    4 GB of RAM.
    64 GB of internal storage, especially since the OS consumes 13 GB.
    The camera lag is atrocious, even after the "fix app".
    I don't have anything else, since it's the wife's DD.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    12-09-2017 12:06 PM
    I agree about the camera lag and while I really want to keep the phone, that one thing is about to push me over the edge. I still have my Moto X Play, and other older Moto X's but I want to use this one but that one issue is a huge negative. Not sure why as I have never had camera issues with any other Moto phones.
    12-13-2017 01:11 PM
    If I didn't dive head first into Moto Mods, I'd be using the fourth gen Moto X as my daily driver.

The second gen Moto X was I think the only one that used the "flagship" Snapdragon of the time. First gen was using an S4 Pro when everyone else moved on. Third gen was using the 808 instead of the 810.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    12-13-2017 01:29 PM
    Better cameras for sure, since it has never been Motorola's strong suit. The display would be better if it was AMOLED too. The design isnt bad, but it's really slippery compared to past Moto x. Processor wise I think snapdragon 660 would have been nice. But most of those are not exactly deal breakers, especially if they price the device right. It's going for around 415 USD over here which isn't a bad price. But just 2 days ago, there was a limited sale here for the OnePlus 5 at 300USD for the 64GB model. Probably clearing inventory. At these prices, it's kinda hard to recommend the Moto X4.
    12-13-2017 10:14 PM