Organizing phone contact in Android

ScttLee184

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
How can I group my contacts in the phone app on Android? Family, friends, work etc. I can do it in the contact app, but I want the phone app to do the same thing.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know any edit that you want to do for your contacts will be done in the Contacts app. If you try to do it from the Phone app it will open the Contacts app to go ahead.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh wait, see if this works. Open the dialer/phone app, three dots top right, Contacts Manager, Contacts Groups and see the options in there. I'm not sure if this will work on the X4, though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your phone's Phone app is anything like Google's Phone app (i.e., the one on Pixel phones), then the Contacts tab of the Phone app won't show your contact groups. You'd have to use the Contacts app for that.

ScttLee184

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site
It is the Google phone app. Is there a plug-in that would do it? Or what phone/contact app would you recommend that would do it?
Thanks for you replys

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Contacts app on Pixel phones allows you to display contacts by group/label (based on your Google Contacts labels). Does yours do that?