MOD Question about the battery pack

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a difference between the Incipio and the Tumi battery pack?

How thick will the Force be with one of these?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to hear the dimensions on the battery pack as well. Also, how does it work? Does it charge the phone's battery or does it connect to the phone such that the phone reads the phone battery plus the battery pack as one giant battery?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm heard somewhere in the forum that it charges the battery, which is not as good as adding to the existing capacity. That's a little more complicated and would require some kind of balancer. Not sure if it was just speculation on how it will work.

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could remember the article or video they described it. I would certainly hope there is some intelligence to maximize its effectiveness.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how much battery life it'll add.

Battery cases usually are about 60% efficient.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I wonder does the battery pack have a seperate charging port? or does it have to be on the phone to be charged.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It appears that this crop must be charged piggybacked to the phone, but I don't see why other iterations couldn't have that feature.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
It appears that this crop must be charged piggybacked to the phone, but I don't see why other iterations couldn't have that feature.

The wireless charging mod DOES NOT have to be attached to the phone to charge. Just set it on your wireless charger and it charges.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
At least one of them was described as not having its own charging port, but has to be charged on the phone (or as someone on this forum confirmed, charged by itself on a wireless charger).

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought the $90 battery with wireless charging. The box is at home though with the dimensions. Wife bought the phone and brought it to my work so I could set it up.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Question about the battery mod - is there any way to set it to turn on at 50% rather than 80%? Seems like it would be good for the user to be able to set the percentage at which it turns on.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Question about the battery mod - is there any way to set it to turn on at 50% rather than 80%? Seems like it would be good for the user to be able to set the percentage at which it turns on.

I would assume they chose that % due to efficiency or battery health reasons, but I'm always up for more control (with recommendations & rationale) over less.

(Sorry, I don't have the battery mod & can't actually answer your question.)

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Supposedly a charging battery is more efficient between 60 and 80 percent. Outside that range with takes more voltage to effect the same level of charge. Or so I read this morning.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The battery packs approximately double the thickness. They charge the onboard battery to 100%, or 80% in efficiency mode. The attached battery pack will not charge unless using a quick charge charger on the phone.The wireless charging pack will charge on the wireless charger and pass through to the onboard battery.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can no problem. Once the battery pack is depleted it will just use phone battery. It won't hurt anything leaving the battery mod on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908