Phil, you really went there? We have need for a drop test?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't like seeing drop tests. Ok, rant over. No hard feelings. I Just think it's wasteful. Perfect phone now is junk.

DRoID TuRBo this...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
In this case, testing the claims of the "unbreakable" screen IMO is worth it. Does suck to be that phone though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We already knew it was unbreakable. Its not a new concept for Moto and I'm quite sure they tested it.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
We already knew it was unbreakable. Its not a new concept for Moto and I'm quite sure they tested it.

Which means what exactly? Samsung said the S7 Active was waterproof. Tested it and everything. Only it wasn't. Oops.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

We know it's promoted as an unbreakable screen, but sometimes it helps to see it in real life. It also shows that the body of the phone IS prone to dings & scuffs, so it may still be worth thinking about a bumper case.

What seemed ridiculous to me was when they released the Turbo2, and someone wanted to see just how indestructible the screen was, and they went straight from a somewhat high drop to pounding it with a hand sledge until the whole thing was obliterated.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
With the shattershield being on a phone already (dt2) I kinda figured that it was a moot point to test it. Yes I agree the waterproofing on the s7e was a "whoops"!

DRoID TuRBo this...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Nothing wrong with testing a claim made by a company. Every carrier claims to be the best -- which isn't a new concept since they have done it for a long time. Why would I not test them out for myself to see? Wouldn't make much sense.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We know it's promoted as an unbreakable screen, but sometimes it helps to see it in real life. It also shows that the body of the phone IS prone to dings & scuffs, so it may still be worth thinking about a bumper case.

What seemed ridiculous to me was when they released the Turbo2, and someone wanted to see just how indestructible the screen was, and they went straight from a somewhat high drop to pounding it with a hand sledge until the whole thing was obliterated.

Of the course the body would be subject to dents and dings

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would rather see a phone donated to someone in need after a review than destroyed just to show us what it looks like after being dropped.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm considering this phone in a house where kids or pets could make it fall and it's $770 I'd like to know if shatterproof is real or not.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm all for drop tests on the Z Force. How much damage can you do before the screen shatters?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would rather see a phone donated to someone in need after a review than destroyed just to show us what it looks like after being dropped.

Well .. They get these phones for testing and that is what they are doing. Simple as that :).