08-05-2016 02:23 PM
82 1234
tools
    Agree on the battery. The standby battery life is EPIC! SOT and active use battery is really good too, but the standby is unlike anything I've ever seen. Literally better than the iPhone 6s Plus, which I used to have and I always thought that set the standard for smartphones.
    I'm not ready to go that far yet - as I've yet to lose a percentage point on overnight standby from an iPhone - but of the Androids I've sampled the past year the Z Force is easily giving me the best standby. And I've tried a lot of them - the G4, V10, S6 Edge Plus, S7, S7 Edge, Moto Pure and 6P.
    7AndTRT likes this.
    07-31-2016 09:45 AM
    I'm not ready to go that far yet - as I've yet to lose a percentage point on overnight standby from an iPhone - but of the Androids I've sampled the past year the Z Force is easily giving me the best standby. And I've tried a lot of them - the G4, V10, S6 Edge Plus, S7, S7 Edge, Moto Pure and 6P.
    Really? My iPhone 6s Plus would typically lose 3-4 percentage points overnight.
    07-31-2016 10:18 AM
    I got my Moto Z DROID Force-1470065358913.jpgI got my Moto Z DROID Force-1470065369586.jpg Here's my battery stats after setting it up the way I like. I charged it fully before bed and unplugged. This is also connected to a 4g network extender. With that my 4g signal went from -125(not kidding) to -78. Very pleased with that.
    I have the battery mod connected but set to not kick in until the battery gets lower. I'll post what it is after a full days use.
    08-01-2016 11:33 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470065358913.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	233811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1470065369586.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	233812 Here's my battery stats after setting it up the way I like. I charged it fully before bed and unplugged. This is also connected to a 4g network extender. With that my 4g signal went from -125(not kidding) to -78. Very pleased with that.
    I have the battery mod connected but set to not kick in until the battery gets lower. I'll post what it is after a full days use.
    Apparently that app registers the Moto notifications as "screen on" time?
    08-01-2016 01:13 PM
    Wellllllll..... Thank you. I called them today and will be picking up the extender tomorrow. Your post prompted me to call and " point some things out".
    I wasn't sure they would want to work with me at all since I'm still on an unlimited plan.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Couldn't you just use WiFi calling and avoid yet another device plugged in?

08-01-2016 02:56 PM
    Apparently that app registers the Moto notifications as "screen on" time?
    No clue actually
    08-01-2016 04:25 PM
    Couldn't you just use WiFi calling and avoid yet another device plugged in?

Yes I could but I pay for unlimited data so I'm going to use it.
    Wifi calling used to drain my battery fast on my turbo so I'm assuming I would have the same here.
    Plus without the extender my 4g signal was -125 (1bar) now it's around -80 (5 bars). The other phones in the house have better signals also.

Heck for that matter my neighbor is able to connect to it and it made his speed increase also. He's cool and I don't mind.
    08-01-2016 04:27 PM
    I got my Moto Z DROID Force-1470108639084.jpgI got my Moto Z DROID Force-1470108647370.jpgI got my Moto Z DROID Force-1470108657955.jpgHere's the end of the day. I'm happy with these numbers. I'll charge in the morning to see how it does overnight.
    08-01-2016 11:32 PM
    This'll be my last morning battery update unless something dramatically changes, but from 10:45 last night until 7:05 this morning, just another two percent drain, from 100 to 98. I think I'm in love. (I just hope I can figure out the bluetooth issue.)

You can credit that to doze, it's not really a Lenovo innovation.
    08-03-2016 02:11 PM
    You can credit that to doze, it's not really a Lenovo innovation.
    I didn't, but since Doze is on my Galaxies too and they don't have the same overnight standby life, I'll credit Lenovo/Moto for doing it better. There, how's that? Cleared up now?
    08-03-2016 02:19 PM
    New phone with brand new battery compared to used phone. How's that? Cleared up now?
    08-03-2016 02:22 PM
    New phone with brand new battery compared to used phone. How's that? Cleared up now?
    Yeah, because when I bought the S7 and S7 Edge they weren't brand new.
    08-03-2016 02:38 PM
    Yeah Lenovo is that good, what exactly are their sales like compared to an S7? Does their entire lineup of phones even come close outselling to the one S7? You're a Lenovo fan boy and that's fine but just because you got lucky with the one good phone they have made does not mean it's the most epic phone ever made. I'm sure a brand new S7 out of the box today with the same settings would be right on par with with the Moto. I'm glad your phone lasts long overnight, how long does it last when you actually use it? Oh that's right about the same as every other phone on the planet. One day if you're lucky
    08-03-2016 02:48 PM
    Yeah Lenovo is that good, what exactly are their sales like compared to an S7? Does their entire lineup of phones even come close outselling to the one S7? You're a Lenovo fan boy and that's fine but just because you got lucky with the one good phone they have made does not mean it's the most epic phone ever made. I'm sure a brand new S7 out of the box today with the same settings would be right on par with with the Moto. I'm glad your phone lasts long overnight, how long does it last when you actually use it? Oh that's right about the same as every other phone on the planet. One day if you're lucky
    Since when is sales a measure of how good a phone is?
    08-03-2016 02:56 PM
    Dude, relax. Jesus. Take a ******* Xanax or something. I could give a rat's *** what sales are or who makes a phone. "Lenovo Fan Boy?" Only kids use such meaningless terms, so I'll assume you're just a young troll out to have some fun because you're bored today. But for your edification, I own - or have owned - Galaxies, iPhones and LGs. This is literally my first Moto since the RAZR flip phone back in the day. Enjoy your day sunshine.
    08-03-2016 03:03 PM
    Quick reminder:

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
    Almeuit and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-03-2016 03:11 PM
    Why would waste your money on Moto when there are better phones at lower prices?
    08-03-2016 03:11 PM
    Why would waste your money on Moto when there are better phones at lower prices?
    A second reminder:

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
    Almeuit and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-03-2016 03:15 PM
    Mod Note:

As Ry's posting above suggests... let's all take a chill pill. No need to go down the road of insults such as "kid", "fanboy", etc. within a civil conversation. Everyone has their likes and dislikes so let's just discuss them a civil / professional manner. The guidelines Ry posted above are a good way to conduct yourself in the forums .

Thanks!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:24 PM
    Different strokes for different folks. I like the stock android feel, the design, and the battery size. My wife just got an S7 because she likes Touchwiz.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:35 PM
    Why exactly do you care where I "waste" my money? I already have a wife, thank you very much.

Revolutionary likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:55 PM
    This is a Moto forum. We all bought or are interested in the Moto Z phones. I happened to buy the Z Force on release day and think it's the best phone I've ever owned. I've owned Motorola, iPhones, LG, Samsung, Blackberry, and HTC. You don't have to agree, but that's my opinion.
    08-03-2016 06:40 PM
    What's better and cheaper?
    08-03-2016 09:54 PM
    I agree with the general sentiment that there's no need for arguing in this way over things that are clearly subjective, but one thing about this comment just didn't ring true...

Moto is really the only major manufacturer that has gotten battery life right for the last 3 generations of their flagships, well ahead of their time. From the Droid Max, to the Turbo and Turbo 2 they've consistently had battery capacities that for their relative sizes are significantly larger than the competition's. The other manufacturers, namely Samsung in this case, are just catching up if anything. So to ask how the phone reacts while you're using it, and imply it dies under 1 day just like any other phone, is completely erroneous. On the last 3 phones I've owned by Moto, I can get through more than a day with heavy use without any issues, and it sounds like the Force is comparable. Add the Mod battery pack and that's just icing on the cake.

You can brag all you want about various Samsung features unavailable on the Force, and maybe Samsung got things right in terms of battery life with the S7 Edge this year, but don't make it seem like or forget that Moto has been the king of battery life for years at this point. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but objectively speaking Moto knows what they're doing when it comes to battery performance.
    08-03-2016 11:21 PM
    Most people plug their phone in at night, it becomes moot how well the battery performs while doing nothing. If the battery is so great it should last longer throughout the day not just the night. But that really isn't the case is it. At best it gets you through more than a day but you will most likely have to plug it in right away in the morning. Bragging about night time non use performance of a battery is silly.
    beeare likes this.
    08-04-2016 05:30 PM
82 1234