I got my Moto Z DROID Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Moto Z's Have Arrived!

Yes, the shatter proof one. Polarized glasses reflect crazy colors like they would with a tinted car windshield.

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Z Force Droid out for delivery

Well. I came from a s7 so the size is quite different to me. In terms of one handed holding its not bad. I have small hands. The build quality is very good. If you use the style back the phone becomes very thick.
The screen is amazing compared to the droid turbo 2 which had a lot of issues.

It feels much quicker than my s7 does in terms of processing power. Signal quality is a little better than the s7 (when I as in Target). I've been using it for the last 5 hours so I'll have more thoughts later.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Z Force Droid out for delivery

UPS normally delivers between 4-6. But not today. They tried at 1230 when I was out so I have to wait another day. Sigh,

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Still setting it up this morning, currently transferring my music collection via iSyncr.

-- Love the fact that Moto has enabled Adoptable Storage - something some other manufacturers - !COUGH! Samsung, LG - !COUGH! - have avoided doing. **** (EDIT - OK, maybe Samsung and LG knew what they were doing by disabling Adoptable Storage. As my music was populating, I kept receiving warnings that there was no more storage available. I assumed it would go away. It did not. Phone restarted on it's own, the message about having no storage available popped up again, along with one saying there wasn't enough space for messages. So Adoptable Storage will be TURNED OFF for me from here on in. That's one huge glitch!) ****
-- Installed the flexible glass screen protector from Verizon. Very easy install and now no worries about scratches;
-- Was surprised to find several "bloatware" items that were able to be completely uninstalled, instead of just disabled. The others have already been disabled and just like that - TADA! - no bloatware, not that that will stop people from ******** about it, for whatever reason;
-- Also the "Moto" lettering right about the fingerprint sensor is less noticeable than photos have made it appear. It's a very dull white. I can't even see it when I look from certain angles;
-- The "chin" is also much smaller in person;
-- Security patch is on May 1 edition. Ran a "System Update" check and none was found;
-- Screen is very bright and punchy. Side-by-side with my S7 Edge shows very little difference, if any at all;
-- Out of the box, battery was at 80 percent. "Turbo Charger" had it to 100 within 25 minutes or so;
-- One suggestion that I always do during setup. Don't sign in to ANY accounts during the setup process. Skip all that so you can delete/disable whatever you want before it auto updates. Then go to "Accounts" and add what you want.

Setup has gone smoothly, but too early to tell how much I enjoy it yet.

Last edited:

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Security patch is on May 1 edition. Ran a "System Update" check and none was found;
If Moto's on a 3-month cycle for security patches, there could be a Moto August 1 update in the works. That would make sense considering the ship date. Course that's not factoring Verizon into the equation.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Still setting it up this morning, currently transferring my music collection via iSyncr.

-- Love the fact that Moto has enabled Adoptable Storage - something some other manufacturers - !COUGH! Samsung, LG - !COUGH! - have avoided doing. **** (EDIT - OK, maybe Samsung and LG knew what they were doing by disabling Adoptable Storage. As my music was populating, I kept receiving warnings that there was no more storage available. I assumed it would go away. It did not. Phone restarted on it's own, the message about having no storage available popped up again, along with one saying there wasn't enough space for messages. So Adoptable Storage will be TURNED OFF for me from here on in. That's one huge glitch!) ****
-- Installed the flexible glass screen protector from Verizon. Very easy install and now no worries about scratches;
-- Was surprised to find several "bloatware" items that were able to be completely uninstalled, instead of just disabled. The others have already been disabled and just like that - TADA! - no bloatware, not that that will stop people from ******** about it, for whatever reason;
-- Also the "Moto" lettering right about the fingerprint sensor is less noticeable than photos have made it appear. It's a very dull white. I can't even see it when I look from certain angles;
-- The "chin" is also much smaller in person;
-- Security patch is on May 1 edition. Ran a "System Update" check and none was found;
-- Screen is very bright and punchy. Side-by-side with my S7 Edge shows very little difference, if any at all;
-- Out of the box, battery was at 80 percent. "Turbo Charger" had it to 100 within 25 minutes or so;
-- One suggestion that I always do during setup. Don't sign in to ANY accounts during the setup process. Skip all that so you can delete/disable whatever you want before it auto updates. Then go to "Accounts" and add what you want.

Setup has gone smoothly, but too early to tell how much I enjoy it yet.

If you are downloading music to SD it shouldn't require adaptable storage unless you're something I'm not familiar with. What most people want to use adaptable storage for is apps, however that has some issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
If you are downloading music to SD it shouldn't require adaptable storage unless you're something I'm not familiar with. What most people want to use adaptable storage for is apps, however that has some issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Didn't specifically set it up for that reason, no, but my music catalog is close to 60 GB. So once it crossed the actual internal memory threshold is when I kept getting the messages about storage. With Adoptable Storage all memory should be recognized as one large block, that was my understanding. So there was no reason to get that message about not having enough storage, since combined (internal +SD) I had close to 160 GB available. Unless I'm understanding it wrong - which is completely possible. Just ask my wife. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer