I got my Moto Z DROID Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
One other thing, and this might be difficult for people to hear, but the USB C audio adapter works perfectly with all my headphones and my brain didn't explode when I used it. The dongle has a little rubber coupler that will keep it attached to the headphones, so it doesn't accidentally fall off if one should want to disconnect the adapter from the 3.5 jack.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Quick charge 2.0/3.0 support?

Posted via the Android Central App

Quick follow up. When I plugged it into my Apple USB C charger, the "Turbo Power Connected" notification displayed. I know that's not QC 2 or 3, but it might offer an indication that it's supported.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
One other thing, and this might be difficult for people to hear, but the USB C audio adapter works perfectly with all my headphones and my brain didn't explode when I used it. The dongle has a little rubber coupler that will keep it attached to the headphones, so it doesn't accidentally fall off if one should want to disconnect the adapter from the 3.5 jack.

Lmao.....

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Bet that would get a lot of hits on youtube

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
With Adoptable Storage all memory should be recognized as one large block, that was my understanding. So there was no reason to get that message about not having enough storage, since combined (internal +SD) I had close to 160 GB available.

Looks like you don't want to use "adoptable" storage for media files, just basic "portable" storage:

Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
One issue I'm having is on the home screen. When I get rid of the Google search banner at the top of the home screen, it leaves that entire row blank and won't let me place apps there. Any idea if this can be changed, otherwise it's really annoying having an entire row blank at the top of the home screen and I don't like having the Google search banner there.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
One issue I'm having is on the home screen. When I get rid of the Google search banner at the top of the home screen, it leaves that entire row blank and won't let me place apps there. Any idea if this can be changed, otherwise it's really annoying having an entire row blank at the top of the home screen and I don't like having the Google search banner there.
You could use a different launcher. Not sure if there is a fix in the stock launcher.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Been trying to figure that one out as well. Might try the Google Now launcher, since it's incredibly similar to this stock one.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Z Force Droid out for delivery

Well. I came from a s7 so the size is quite different to me. In terms of one handed holding its not bad. I have small hands. The build quality is very good. If you use the style back the phone becomes very thick.
The screen is amazing compared to the droid turbo 2 which had a lot of issues.

It feels much quicker than my s7 does in terms of processing power. Signal quality is a little better than the s7 (when I as in Target). I've been using it for the last 5 hours so I'll have more thoughts later.

Did it come with any backs out of the box or did you have to buy some?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Still setting it up this morning, currently transferring my music collection via iSyncr.

-- Love the fact that Moto has enabled Adoptable Storage - something some other manufacturers - !COUGH! Samsung, LG - !COUGH! - have avoided doing. **** (EDIT - OK, maybe Samsung and LG knew what they were doing by disabling Adoptable Storage. As my music was populating, I kept receiving warnings that there was no more storage available. I assumed it would go away. It did not. Phone restarted on it's own, the message about having no storage available popped up again, along with one saying there wasn't enough space for messages. So Adoptable Storage will be TURNED OFF for me from here on in. That's one huge glitch!) ****
-- Installed the flexible glass screen protector from Verizon. Very easy install and now no worries about scratches;
-- Was surprised to find several "bloatware" items that were able to be completely uninstalled, instead of just disabled. The others have already been disabled and just like that - TADA! - no bloatware, not that that will stop people from ******** about it, for whatever reason;
-- Also the "Moto" lettering right about the fingerprint sensor is less noticeable than photos have made it appear. It's a very dull white. I can't even see it when I look from certain angles;
-- The "chin" is also much smaller in person;
-- Security patch is on May 1 edition. Ran a "System Update" check and none was found;
-- Screen is very bright and punchy. Side-by-side with my S7 Edge shows very little difference, if any at all;
-- Out of the box, battery was at 80 percent. "Turbo Charger" had it to 100 within 25 minutes or so;
-- One suggestion that I always do during setup. Don't sign in to ANY accounts during the setup process. Skip all that so you can delete/disable whatever you want before it auto updates. Then go to "Accounts" and add what you want.

Setup has gone smoothly, but too early to tell how much I enjoy it yet.

Interesting. Mine came out of the box at 100%.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Z Force Droid out for delivery

My Force came with the same dark wood back that all the reviews show.

Nice. Good to know they are including those out of the box. If you don't mind, could you take some pics with it on/off to show difference in thickness.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Well I was tickled pink to wake up this morning and see only three percent of the battery had drained on standby overnight (10:45 p.m. to 7:10 a.m.) Still not exactly iPhone performance, but much better than I ever had on my Galaxies, which routinely drained 6-10 percent overnight. And not to Galaxy bash, because I like the Galaxy, the Z just seems to flow smoother operationally. I'm going to assume it's because of the lack of TouchWiz gumming up the works. Going to give the projector mod a try today.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Ran into my first issue today, regarding Bluetooth connectivity. I have a 2011 X5, which only has phone Bluetooth, so I use a Bluetooth device called Tune 2 Air, which plugs into the on-board USB port to allow Bluetooth audio for music. It's worked flawlessly with several other Androids and iPhones.

The Z Force Droid is not working. It will connect to one or the other - but not both at the same time. I'll keep trying, but this would unfortunately be a deal-breaker for me if it continues to operate this way. 😪

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I was tickled pink to wake up this morning and see only three percent of the battery had drained on standby overnight (10:45 p.m. to 7:10 a.m.) Still not exactly iPhone performance, but much better than I ever had on my Galaxies, which routinely drained 6-10 percent overnight. And not to Galaxy bash, because I like the Galaxy, the Z just seems to flow smoother operationally. I'm going to assume it's because of the lack of TouchWiz gumming up the works. Going to give the projector mod a try today.

Thanks for the updates on battery life, good or bad. This one issue will make the decision for me if I decide to purchase. So please keep them coming. It's very helpful. By chance do you know your 4g signal strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx