I got my Moto Z DROID Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ran into my first issue today, regarding Bluetooth connectivity. I have a 2011 X5, which only has phone Bluetooth, so I use a Bluetooth device called Tune 2 Air, which plugs into the on-board USB port to allow Bluetooth audio for music. It's worked flawlessly with several other Androids and iPhones.

The Z Force Droid is not working. It will connect to one or the other - but not both at the same time. I'll keep trying, but this would unfortunately be a deal-breaker for me if it continues to operate this way. 😪

Posted via the Android Central App

There should be a way to do it from within the phone. I'm sure you looked but each device you connect two normally has a checkbox so you disable one or the other.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the updates on battery life, good or bad. This one issue will make the decision for me if I decide to purchase. So please keep them coming. It's very helpful. By chance do you know your 4g signal strength?

We have the Verizon LTE Network Extender in our house, so I have an excellent 4G/LTE signal. Without the extender, signal in our house is abysmal - from every carrier.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
We have the Verizon LTE Network Extender in our house, so I have an excellent 4G/LTE signal. Without the extender, signal in our house is abysmal - from every carrier.
My signal at my house is -120 to -125 typically. Ive tried to get them to give me a deal on the extender but no luck. I do have the 3g one and it works well for what i need it for. My 4g signal is just really bad. Whats funny is my wife has us cellular and her signal is -90. Go figure.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
My signal at my house is -120 to -125 typically. Ive tried to get them to give me a deal on the extender but no luck. I do have the 3g one and it works well for what i need it for. My 4g signal is just really bad. Whats funny is my wife has us cellular and her signal is -90. Go figure.

They initially wouldn't give me a deal either. Threatened to walk with our five lines to AT&T and - PRESTO! - deal given. :D (And let me tell you, it's a tremendous improvement over the 3G version.)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the updates on battery life, good or bad. This one issue will make the decision for me if I decide to purchase. So please keep them coming. It's very helpful. By chance do you know your 4g signal strength?

Battery at 98 percent this morning after being on standby since 10:30 last night. And, mind you, this is with everything being installed and configured the last couple days. With my Galaxies, those first few days following setup meant wild battery drain until things stabilized. Another noticeable difference between the two? Using GSam Pro battery monitor, "Android Services" barely registers as a battery drain on the Z Force. It's almost ALWAYS at the top of the list on my S7 Edge, with a big percentage. Wonder what the two manufactures do differently in that regard?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
They initially wouldn't give me a deal either. Threatened to walk with our five lines to AT&T and - PRESTO! - deal given. :D (And let me tell you, it's a tremendous improvement over the 3G version.)

Wellllllll..... Thank you. I called them today and will be picking up the extender tomorrow. Your post prompted me to call and " point some things out".
I wasn't sure they would want to work with me at all since I'm still on an unlimited plan.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Wellllllll..... Thank you. I called them today and will be picking up the extender tomorrow. Your post prompted me to call and " point some things out".
I wasn't sure they would want to work with me at all since I'm still on an unlimited plan.

Phone call never hurts! Congrats man.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
This'll be my last morning battery update unless something dramatically changes, but from 10:45 last night until 7:05 this morning, just another two percent drain, from 100 to 98. I think I'm in love. :) (I just hope I can figure out the bluetooth issue.)

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This'll be my last morning battery update unless something dramatically changes, but from 10:45 last night until 7:05 this morning, just another two percent drain, from 100 to 98. I think I'm in love. :) (I just hope I can figure out the bluetooth issue.)

Agree on the battery. The standby battery life is EPIC! SOT and active use battery is really good too, but the standby is unlike anything I've ever seen. Literally better than the iPhone 6s Plus, which I used to have and I always thought that set the standard for smartphones.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Agree on the battery. The standby battery life is EPIC! SOT and active use battery is really good too, but the standby is unlike anything I've ever seen. Literally better than the iPhone 6s Plus, which I used to have and I always thought that set the standard for smartphones.

I'm not ready to go that far yet - as I've yet to lose a percentage point on overnight standby from an iPhone - but of the Androids I've sampled the past year the Z Force is easily giving me the best standby. And I've tried a lot of them - the G4, V10, S6 Edge Plus, S7, S7 Edge, Moto Pure and 6P.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not ready to go that far yet - as I've yet to lose a percentage point on overnight standby from an iPhone - but of the Androids I've sampled the past year the Z Force is easily giving me the best standby. And I've tried a lot of them - the G4, V10, S6 Edge Plus, S7, S7 Edge, Moto Pure and 6P.

Really? My iPhone 6s Plus would typically lose 3-4 percentage points overnight.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
1470065358913.jpg1470065369586.jpg Here's my battery stats after setting it up the way I like. I charged it fully before bed and unplugged. This is also connected to a 4g network extender. With that my 4g signal went from -125(not kidding) to -78. Very pleased with that.
I have the battery mod connected but set to not kick in until the battery gets lower. I'll post what it is after a full days use.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 233811View attachment 233812 Here's my battery stats after setting it up the way I like. I charged it fully before bed and unplugged. This is also connected to a 4g network extender. With that my 4g signal went from -125(not kidding) to -78. Very pleased with that.
I have the battery mod connected but set to not kick in until the battery gets lower. I'll post what it is after a full days use.

Apparently that app registers the Moto notifications as "screen on" time?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Couldn't you just use WiFi calling and avoid yet another device plugged in?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't you just use WiFi calling and avoid yet another device plugged in?

Yes I could but I pay for unlimited data so I'm going to use it.
Wifi calling used to drain my battery fast on my turbo so I'm assuming I would have the same here.
Plus without the extender my 4g signal was -125 (1bar) now it's around -80 (5 bars). The other phones in the house have better signals also.

Heck for that matter my neighbor is able to connect to it and it made his speed increase also. He's cool and I don't mind.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
1470108639084.jpg1470108647370.jpg1470108657955.jpgHere's the end of the day. I'm happy with these numbers. I'll charge in the morning to see how it does overnight.

Thomas Guide

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

You can credit that to doze, it's not really a Lenovo innovation.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
You can credit that to doze, it's not really a Lenovo innovation.

I didn't, but since Doze is on my Galaxies too and they don't have the same overnight standby life, I'll credit Lenovo/Moto for doing it better. There, how's that? Cleared up now? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc