09-03-2016 03:05 PM
133 ... 23456
tools
    I was just going by it being an aftermarket equivalent to the Apple charger sangs was talking about. So far I can't find specs on the Apple branded charger to see if it specifies a higher amperage output.
    Oh I hear ya. Yea I will go ahead and put that in my Amazon wishlist.
    08-09-2016 01:28 PM
    Is anybody else disappointed by the apparent battery life of the Force? For example, Phone Arena puts it at 7 hours 9 minutes, well behind the T1 and even the T2 (not to mention several other flagships). I expected more from a 3500 MAH battery. I realize that you can buy a mod, but of course that increases the price of the phone (not to mention wireless charging and an IP rating).....
    08-15-2016 08:10 AM
    I bought the z force because they said the battery life was excellent!! I've had it for a week and it's by far the worst battery life if any phone I've owned. I started with 100% battery life when I went to bed, woke up@ 5:00 am to 10% being used. I checked me email (2 minutes) and played a couple of games (the same routine I did with my droid turbo) it is now 8:15am and down to 48% . I have less apps in this phone than I did my turbo and have not done anything different than I would with my turbo. I will be taking advantage of the 14 day return policy and trading it for something different. Thus battery sucks!!!!!
    08-15-2016 08:17 AM
    I bought the z force because they said the battery life was excellent!! I've had it for a week and it's by far the worst battery life if any phone I've owned. I started with 100% battery life when I went to bed, woke up@ 5:00 am to 10% being used. I checked me email (2 minutes) and played a couple of games (the same routine I did with my droid turbo) it is now 8:15am and down to 48% . I have less apps in this phone than I did my turbo and have not done anything different than I would with my turbo. I will be taking advantage of the 14 day return policy and trading it for something different. Thus battery sucks!!!!!
    You may have a rogue app or something. Even without the battery mod, I'm getting over 7 hours SOT and really past one full day. I owned the original Maxx, T1, and T2. The Z Force battery life is at least as good as any of those for my usage.
    benjamminh and johnnyshinta like this.
    08-15-2016 08:52 AM
    Unless it's a defective unit, I agree it sounds like a rogue app or process. Install GSAM battery monitor and then check to see which apps are using the most battery and especially if it seems way out of line. You may need to clear an app's cache or system cache. I understand it's frustrating when you read other people getting awesome battery life and yours is absolutely dreadful. But this could easily happen with another brand. It's probably a good idea to learn how to do some very basic troubleshooting or ask us or someone to help.
    KoukiFC3S and johnnyshinta like this.
    08-15-2016 09:49 AM
    When I first got my Z Force it only went down abut 4% a night. Then it started about 40-50% a night. I realized I had installed a dash cam app that was in waiting impact mode. Uninstalled that and back to 4% a night.
    mobrules, benjamminh and YAYTech like this.
    08-15-2016 10:33 AM
    I don't know about any of you, but this is some absolutely spectacular battery life on the Z Force... without the battery mod! On pace for well over 8 hours SOT with about a day and a half between charges. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the battery on the Z Force. I'm not sure how Lenovo did it considering the battery is smaller than the Turbo and T2, but they managed to make the battery last even longer.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition-74014.jpg  
    Revolutionary and mobrules like this.
    08-16-2016 09:48 PM
    I don't know about any of you, but this is some absolutely spectacular battery life on the Z Force... without the battery mod! On pace for well over 8 hours SOT with about a day and a half between charges. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the battery on the Z Force. I'm not sure how Lenovo did it considering the battery is smaller than the Turbo and T2, but they managed to make the battery last even longer.
    Man that is awesome. I am amazed by my battery life also. I go to the extreme and disable everything. I also shut everything down at night. Even with all that I still am amazed. It's as good as my turbo was in the beginning.
    1901Madison likes this.
    08-16-2016 10:21 PM
    Man that is awesome. I am amazed by my battery life also. I go to the extreme and disable everything. I also shut everything down at night. Even with all that I still am amazed. It's as good as my turbo was in the beginning.
    I think part of the trick is the standby. The battery just does not drop when the phone is not actively being used.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-16-2016 11:05 PM
    I think part of the trick is the standby. The battery just does not drop when the phone is not actively being used.
    Taking a 200 mile work trip tomorrow so we shall see how well it does, gps and 4g. Im at 63% with 23 hours. I wont charge overnight and see how it goes.
    08-16-2016 11:31 PM
    I agree with this. I've actually noticed that it uses more battery when on Wi-Fi and unused than it does when only on LTE. Unlike literally every phone I've ever owned.
    08-17-2016 10:41 PM
    This was just now, 15.5 hours off charger.

Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition-screenshot_20160817-223857.jpg
    mobrules likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:46 PM
    This was just now, 15.5 hours off charger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160817-223857.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	235661
    Real nice!
    mobrules likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:07 PM
    I agree with this. I've actually noticed that it uses more battery when on Wi-Fi and unused than it does when only on LTE. Unlike literally every phone I've ever owned.
    Wonder if it's more active in checking for updates/status/etc when on WiFi, and maybe does so less often on LTE to reduce data usage?
    08-18-2016 12:16 PM
    First full day of use -

Note: I don't turn anything off. GPS - high accuracy. Bluetooth always on and paired with a first gen Moto 360. Wi-Fi always on even when I'm not connected to a Wi-Fi network. NFC always on. Screen brightness was set to half-way.

I charged to 100% and took it off the charger at around 12:30 AM.

Got down to 10% by 10:05 PM.

I'm impressed.

Also - the new USB-C TurboCharger is awesome.

10% to 73% in 33 minutes.
    YAYTech, benjamminh and mobrules like this.
    08-18-2016 12:22 PM
    I also like that so far the turbocharger doesn't heat up the phone as much like it would with the MXPE.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    08-18-2016 04:39 PM
    First full day for me and I'm shocked at battery. I have a Tumi wireless mod battery on my force. It's been off charger for 9.5 hours and I have 48% left on the Tumi and 100% on the main battery. That's amazing. Wifi on Bluetooth on, etc.
    08-18-2016 05:18 PM
    I just upgraded to this phone from the droid turbo. It would seem the battery on the droid z force is the same as the turbo. I haven't been heavily using the droid z force, but out of the box the battery was at 78% and it charged quickly to 100%. With occasional use, it's dropped to around 80% after just a few hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2016 05:22 PM
    First full day for me and I'm shocked at battery. I have a Tumi wireless mod battery on my force. It's been off charger for 9.5 hours and I have 48% left on the Tumi and 100% on the main battery. That's amazing. Wifi on Bluetooth on, etc.
    I think you'll quickly come to the same realization that I did - the battery life is so good that you don't need the battery mod except for in extreme situations.

I'm on pace for over 7 hours SOT and over 42 hours total.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition-74168.jpg  
    ericf4 and KoukiFC3S like this.
    08-18-2016 06:44 PM
    I just upgraded to this phone from the droid turbo. It would seem the battery on the droid z force is the same as the turbo. I haven't been heavily using the droid z force, but out of the box the battery was at 78% and it charged quickly to 100%. With occasional use, it's dropped to around 80% after just a few hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I agree with this. But the Turbo had great battery life, so this is a good thing. Plus, the Z Force does it with a smaller battery and a bigger screen, which is impressive.
    08-18-2016 06:45 PM
    I think you'll quickly come to the same realization that I did - the battery life is so good that you don't need the battery mod except for in extreme situations.

I'm on pace for over 7 hours SOT and over 42 hours total.
    I know everyone's use is different but I'm pretty jealous of that. I'm tracking about 24 hours and 5 hours screen on time.
    08-18-2016 08:32 PM
    I know everyone's use is different but I'm pretty jealous of that. I'm tracking about 24 hours and 5 hours screen on time.
    I don't do any gaming. I think that makes my use different than many people! I'm mostly just text, email, social media, and web browsing.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-18-2016 08:54 PM
    ^No gaming here either fwiw. I don't get a great signal so that doesn't help.
    08-18-2016 09:29 PM
    Yall are making me excited to get my Moto Z Force with battery pack. Just 2 more weeks to go!
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    08-19-2016 06:16 AM
    Yall are making me excited to get my Moto Z Force with battery pack. Just 2 more weeks to go!
    Just a fair warning - the Z Force is heavy with the battery pack! Unless you are an extremely heavy user, you won't need the battery pack to get through a long day.
    08-19-2016 07:05 AM
133 ... 23456