Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was day three with the phone. I expect around 5 hours of SOT once conditioned which I'm happy with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160803-220503.jpg
    Screenshot_20160803-220503.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 46

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
^^ That's about my expectation. Yesterday was on the lighter side at 2:45 SOT, and it was at 41% when I went to sleep (~15 hours off charger). It lost 6% over night, and charged from 35% to 99% in about 20 minutes this morning.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Sitting at 3 hours 15 min of screen on time at 26%. Looks good for me so far. This is the first full charge cycle. Screen brightness set at 75% ish.

Posted via the Android Central App

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Question, not sure if this is the right place but the OEM Turbo Charger, can you take the cable out and replace it with a longer USB-C cable?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Question, not sure if this is the right place but the OEM Turbo Charger, can you take the cable out and replace it with a longer USB-C cable?

The cable for the charger included with the Z/Zf is built into the charger, and not made to be replaced.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Does it look as tightly secure as the Tumi? I tried both and liked the Incipio material better, but it didn't seem to go all the way down in one corner.
I had had issue with the Tumi. Don't think it's a brand thing. My Incipio fits much better than the Tumi did.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It looks like it is only outputting 3A but I thought the Turbo puts out 5.2A.

I was just going by it being an aftermarket equivalent to the Apple charger sangs was talking about. So far I can't find specs on the Apple branded charger to see if it specifies a higher amperage output.

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I was just going by it being an aftermarket equivalent to the Apple charger sangs was talking about. So far I can't find specs on the Apple branded charger to see if it specifies a higher amperage output.

Oh I hear ya. Yea I will go ahead and put that in my Amazon wishlist.

Beth Church

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Is anybody else disappointed by the apparent battery life of the Force? For example, Phone Arena puts it at 7 hours 9 minutes, well behind the T1 and even the T2 (not to mention several other flagships). I expected more from a 3500 MAH battery. I realize that you can buy a mod, but of course that increases the price of the phone (not to mention wireless charging and an IP rating).....

Beth Church

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I bought the z force because they said the battery life was excellent!! I've had it for a week and it's by far the worst battery life if any phone I've owned. I started with 100% battery life when I went to bed, woke up@ 5:00 am to 10% being used. I checked me email (2 minutes) and played a couple of games (the same routine I did with my droid turbo) it is now 8:15am and down to 48% . I have less apps in this phone than I did my turbo and have not done anything different than I would with my turbo. I will be taking advantage of the 14 day return policy and trading it for something different. Thus battery sucks!!!!!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought the z force because they said the battery life was excellent!! I've had it for a week and it's by far the worst battery life if any phone I've owned. I started with 100% battery life when I went to bed, woke up@ 5:00 am to 10% being used. I checked me email (2 minutes) and played a couple of games (the same routine I did with my droid turbo) it is now 8:15am and down to 48% . I have less apps in this phone than I did my turbo and have not done anything different than I would with my turbo. I will be taking advantage of the 14 day return policy and trading it for something different. Thus battery sucks!!!!!

You may have a rogue app or something. Even without the battery mod, I'm getting over 7 hours SOT and really past one full day. I owned the original Maxx, T1, and T2. The Z Force battery life is at least as good as any of those for my usage.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless it's a defective unit, I agree it sounds like a rogue app or process. Install GSAM battery monitor and then check to see which apps are using the most battery and especially if it seems way out of line. You may need to clear an app's cache or system cache. I understand it's frustrating when you read other people getting awesome battery life and yours is absolutely dreadful. But this could easily happen with another brand. It's probably a good idea to learn how to do some very basic troubleshooting or ask us or someone to help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay