09-03-2016 03:05 PM
133 123 ...
tools
    Is anybody else disappointed by the apparent battery life of the Force? For example, Phone Arena puts it at 7 hours 9 minutes, well behind the T1 and even the T2 (not to mention several other flagships). I expected more from a 3500 MAH battery. I realize that you can buy a mod, but of course that increases the price of the phone (not to mention wireless charging and an IP rating).....
    07-27-2016 09:16 AM
    I'm having trouble finding the review that says that to see what the testing conditions were. I could believe that number under a very heavy load, but would expect to get through a day pretty easily under normal or even somewhat heavy usage.
    07-27-2016 12:13 PM
    Yea, I have no idea how accurate their testing is. I haven't seen any other "objective" numbers either.

It will be interesting to hear what the battery life is like once these phones hit the wild.
    07-27-2016 03:35 PM
    Yea, I have no idea how accurate their testing is. I haven't seen any other "objective" numbers either.

It will be interesting to hear what the battery life is like once these phones hit the wild.
    I'm mostly assuming that the Moto Z (non-Force) battery size (2600mah) was chosen to be able to just get through a "day" of "average" use. That would put the Force's 3500mah battery at something like a day and a half, or a day of moderately heavy use, or 2 days of fairly light use. Time will tell what real world use gives.
    07-27-2016 04:37 PM
    I'm mostly assuming that the Moto Z (non-Force) battery size (2600mah) was chosen to be able to just get through a "day" of "average" use. That would put the Force's 3500mah battery at something like a day and a half, or a day of moderately heavy use, or 2 days of fairly light use. Time will tell what real world use gives.
    Most of the reviews I read had the Force lasting a full day with no problem. Don't forget the phone charges extremely fast. So long as the phone can get you through a day, what more do you want?

That said, I'll still be buying the battery mod for days where I'm traveling and don't have access to an outlet.
    YAYTech likes this.
    07-27-2016 06:37 PM
    Most of the reviews I read had the Force lasting a full day with no problem. Don't forget the phone charges extremely fast. So long as the phone can get you through a day, what more do you want?

That said, I'll still be buying the battery mod for days where I'm traveling and don't have access to an outlet.
    2600 is a bit short for a day of average use. That would have to be very conservative average use but one mans ceiling is another mans floor. No playing that stupid Pokemon for this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2016 07:23 PM

If the phone can actually get through a day, I'm fine with that as are most people. I work in an office so battery life is usually a non issue. That said, there have been days (at a wrestling tournament for example) where I blew through the battery on my T2. I hate having to worry about running out of juice! If I get this phone I will probably get a battery mod as well.

My original point or concern is that the battery on the Force doesn't appear to be as good as I would expect. And, a mod is an added expense....
    07-27-2016 08:13 PM
    Reports seem to differ on how good or not so good the Force battery is fwiw.
    Toes Up likes this.
    07-27-2016 08:16 PM
    Too many variables, so best to compare with your own use and network area. Reviewers that actually used the device with heavier apps state the device runs hot and the battery drains quick. That's par though for more devices than not. MXPE has this issue too. That and weak signal areas pulling data are battery killahs'.

Added: If all of the sensor bling is similar to the MXPE, all of that stuff on results in 15% drain on battery life. All that bling comes at a cost.
    07-28-2016 09:08 AM
    Reports seem to differ on how good or not so good the Force battery is fwiw.
    Because of the variables of use: Apps used, duration of time, brightness, data, wifi, signal strength, ambient temperature (this is bigger than some might appreciate), volume, headphone impedance, bluetooth, GPS, motion sensors..... The point is there are way too many things for anyone really to compare battery life. Also, looping a video via wifi in an office like most reviews do does NOT extrapolate real usage well at all.

In most reviewers defense, they are not scientists so ignorance is bliss. This is true for some scientists too- or perhaps willful ignorance...
    07-28-2016 09:15 AM
    Good point about the sensors: I disabled all those wave/approach sensors on the MXPE.
    07-28-2016 10:45 AM
    Good point about the sensors: I disabled all those wave/approach sensors on the MXPE.
    Aren't the sensors and Moto actions one of the main draws of Moto phones though? They really do utilize the technology better than anybody else. Just look at Samsung's utterly useless Always On Display by comparison.
    07-28-2016 11:49 AM
    I don't care about my waving my hand like I'm Obi Wan Kenobi or something.
    07-28-2016 12:31 PM
    I don't care about my waving my hand like I'm Obi Wan Kenobi or something.
    Maybe not, but you're clearly immersed in the Droid nomenclature though, young Padwan.
    07-28-2016 12:50 PM
    Even if Yoda said it, young Padawan is sort of redundant.
    sangs likes this.
    07-28-2016 01:01 PM
    Even if Yoda said it, young Padawan is sort of redundant.

Man, that is cold. Don't be dissin' Mr. Solo like that!
    sangs likes this.
    07-28-2016 01:23 PM
    I got the phone this morning and battery life seems really good. Not epic like the Droid Maxx or first Droid Turbo, but still really good.
    07-28-2016 06:33 PM
    Got mine this morning with 51% on it. I'm at 18% now with 3h10m screen on time. So far it's better than my note 5

07-28-2016 07:04 PM
    I haven't charged mine yet. Just setting it up and using it for a bit it seems pretty good so far. I'll see what happens tomorrow.
    07-28-2016 07:41 PM
    Stopped by a store today and I think I will wait to see how battery life turns out to be for folks. The force is nice but I wasnt as excited as I was thinking I would be.

The big issue for me is not having an Otterbox or Otterbox type case that would cover the battery mod.

07-28-2016 09:37 PM
    I just got mine today as well. Need to use a few days before we can accurately do a battery assessment.

Speaking of case for mods, is that really going to happen? I don't see it!?!?
    07-28-2016 10:47 PM
    I don't understand the need for cases for the mods, other than a bumper for edge protection.
    07-28-2016 10:56 PM
    It's just a preference. I carry my phone on a very wide belt. 2 inches wide. I have plenty of pockets but belt carry works best for me. I have just gotten used to Otterbox cases. I have the original turbo that looks brand new.

Otterbox has cases for the force that I like but battery mod won't work. So for me I will wait and see how real world battery results are.

07-28-2016 11:14 PM
    That's a good point about using a belt clip or holder, harder to do without a case.
    07-28-2016 11:21 PM
    Man, that is cold. Don't be dissin' Mr. Solo like that!
    Especially cold considering my son recently murdered me. Can't a hero get some love somewhere?!
    benjamminh likes this.
    07-29-2016 07:41 AM
133 123 ...