04-03-2017 06:47 AM
123 12345
tools
    Received my Verizon bumper case today. Happier with it that I expected. Mods go on and off easily, protects the screen when laid face down, and charger connects easily. Makes it feel more secure in my hand with Tumi battery mod on. Edited to add I have the Force.
    Did you have any of the issues of needing to modify it that I and at least a couple other people had? Mine's been great since I modified it, but obviously it's not idea that it needed that, so I'm sure others would like to know if they've fixed the design...
    08-24-2016 03:46 PM
    Did you have any of the issues of needing to modify it that I and at least a couple other people had? Mine's been great since I modified it, but obviously it's not idea that it needed that, so I'm sure others would like to know if they've fixed the design...
    The modification is only needed for the style backs, not the Mods. He didn't mention the style backs so?
    08-24-2016 03:50 PM
    I tried both my battery mod and my gunmetal style back and both fit fine and allowed charging with the charger included with the phone.
    08-24-2016 04:10 PM
    I tried both my battery mod and my gunmetal style back and both fit fine and allowed charging with the charger included with the phone.
    Is the gunmetal style back made by Moto? Or a off brand?
    08-24-2016 04:15 PM
    Incipio
    08-24-2016 04:45 PM
    Incipio
    So the Mods have a little grove or notch that let's you use your finger to remove them. Does the Incipio style backs have the same? Because that notch fits over the tab on the bumper case that gets in the way of Moto's style backs.
    08-24-2016 04:53 PM
    Just tried the wooden moto style back that came with the phone. Not an exact fit. bottom not tight until I pushed. It went it with a click. Then it would not charge.
    YAYTech likes this.
    08-24-2016 04:53 PM
    Just tried the wooden moto style back that came with the phone. Not an exact fit. bottom not tight until I pushed. It went it with a click. Then it would not charge.
    Yeah the tab on the bottom back of the bumper case gets in the way, but removed that with my pocket knife and it works perfect. Guess the Incipio style backs are made a little different.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-24-2016 04:56 PM
    Since I like the bumper case and think the included back is plain ugly I used a dremel to modify the wood back. All good now.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-24-2016 05:30 PM
    Is the Verizon bumper case the only one out there? All the other bumper cases I see on Amazon have a back to them so I can not use the Mods.
    08-30-2016 07:15 PM
    Is the Verizon bumper case the only one out there? All the other bumper cases I see on Amazon have a back to them so I can not use the Mods.
    After getting the bumper case from Verizon I stopped looking. After making the very small modification to it, it works great.
    08-30-2016 08:04 PM
    Seems like it for now.
    bat1939_KM likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:31 PM
    Wish RhinoShield would make one. I emailed them, but they said they do not have plans for it.
    08-30-2016 11:02 PM
    Wish RhinoShield would make one. I emailed them, but they said they do not have plans for it.
    What email did you use to contact them? We should all send them a request.
    08-30-2016 11:45 PM
    What email did you use to contact them? We should all send them a request.
    I used the one from their website. We could see who would be interested and let them know. Would be awesome if they would make one.

I just emailed them again and ask if we can get a list of potential pre-orders or possible customers if they would reconsider. I'll update when I hear anything. Here's the contact if y'all want to try and persuade them.

info@evolutivelabs.com
    Attn: Alex
    Ry likes this.
    08-30-2016 11:53 PM
    I used the one from their website. We could see who would be interested and let them know. Would be awesome if they would make one.

I just emailed them again and ask if we can get a list of potential pre-orders or possible customers if they would reconsider. I'll update when I hear anything. Here's the contact if y'all want to try and persuade them.

info@evolutivelabs.com
    Attn: Alex
    I didn't like the verizon bumper. I keep scouring Amazon, but not finding anything.
    Revolutionary likes this.
    08-31-2016 07:48 AM
    It's funny - I just found this forum. I had been using the quick link on the home page to go to the Moto Z forum, which has a Moto Z Droid edition sub-forum. I never knew there was a Force edition specific forum.

So, I had to learn the hard way about the bumper case flaw. It took me a while to figure out why my chargers stopped working, since the USB-C port is so much stouter than the micro-USB, it felt like it was still making a good connection when I plugged in.

I also ended up cutting out the bottom of the case as others have highlighted and all my cables started working again. Which was a relief as this is the only solution I've seen that gives protection for the edges and also allows mods to be connected.
    08-31-2016 09:26 AM
    I didn't like the verizon bumper. I keep scouring Amazon, but not finding anything.
    Same boat. I caved and bought the Verizon bumper. It literally broke my blue Incipio style back. When I plugged in the USB-C cable, it pressed on that useless broad tongue that sticks up from the bottom rear of the bumper, which caused the style back to shift upward toward the top of the phone. The top left corner of the style back snagged on the corresponding corner of the bumper, torqued, and caused the corner of the style back to peel away, revealing the magnet inside.

Really struggling to find an adequate, thin case solution for this phone (most are too bulky, the thin TPU ones all seem to have a cut out that exposes the contact array on the back, and the bumper doesn't actually work with the style backs).
    08-31-2016 12:27 PM
    Same boat. I caved and bought the Verizon bumper. It literally broke my blue Incipio style back. When I plugged in the USB-C cable, it pressed on that useless broad tongue that sticks up from the bottom rear of the bumper, which caused the style back to shift upward toward the top of the phone. The top left corner of the style bag snagged on the corresponding corner of the bumper, torqued, and caused the corner of the style back to peel away, revealing the magnet inside.

Really struggling to find an adequate, thin case solution for this phone (most are too bulky, the thin TPU ones all seem to have a cut out that exposes the contact array on the back, and the bumper doesn't actually work with the style backs).
    It's really unfortunate that the VZW bumper requires modification, but it really does work very well once it's modified.
    tx_tuff likes this.
    08-31-2016 12:38 PM
    It's really unfortunate that the VZW bumper requires modification, but it really does work very well once it's modified.
    I emailed evolutionlabs again to see if they would reconsider making a bumper if I could get a interest list

Response:

Hello Brandon,

Unfortunately, we are currently too busy to produce a bumper for that device We wish we had the time to focus on more Android Devices but we are still a bit too small as a company. Doing one bumper is very heavy on our design team.

However we will do our best to grow enough to be able to do the next Motorola phones next year

Sorry for the bad news

Best regards,

Lucy - Customer Service Rep.
    www.evolutivelabs.com

Unfortunate, because one of their bumpers would be perfect.
    09-02-2016 04:09 PM
    I emailed evolutionlabs again to see if they would reconsider making a bumper if I could get a interest list

Response:

Hello Brandon,

Unfortunately, we are currently too busy to produce a bumper for that device We wish we had the time to focus on more Android Devices but we are still a bit too small as a company. Doing one bumper is very heavy on our design team.

However we will do our best to grow enough to be able to do the next Motorola phones next year

Sorry for the bad news

Best regards,

Lucy - Customer Service Rep.
    www.evolutivelabs.com

Unfortunate, because one of their bumpers would be perfect.
    Not the answer you wanted but I can respect that response.
    09-02-2016 04:30 PM
    No solution for the mods but the Tudia I picked up from Amazon is real thin and has a lip that covers just enough to protect the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Bumper Cases for the Moto Z Force-191.jpg  
    09-02-2016 06:31 PM
    No solution for the mods but the Tudia I picked up from Amazon is real thin and has a lip that covers just enough to protect the camera.
    I got the exact same case and an loving it. Much easier to grip too.
    09-02-2016 07:45 PM
    How easy is the Tudia case to pull off if you wanted to use a mod?
    09-02-2016 09:23 PM
    Just to recap:

The only currently available bumper case is the one from Verizon.

It does not fit with Moto Mod Style Shells.

It does fit if you're using the other Moto Mods.

Is this correct?
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:36 PM
123 12345