Bumper Cases for the Moto Z Force

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone order bumper cases to go along with their Moto Z Force?

Verizon Two-Tone Bumper for Moto Z Force Droid - Verizon Wireless

The Two-Tone Bumper is also the only case that is compatible with all of the Moto Mods™ (sold separately). So no need to sacrifice the protection of your Moto Z Force Droid the next time you d like to turn it into a powerful speaker, personal projector or battery powerhouse.*

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bumper Cases

I'm planning to get one. Hopefully the local Verizon shop has them in stock tomorrow after I pick up my Force from BBuy.

autiger

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have this case and like it, except for one fatal flaw. At the bottom on the back there is a long, flat tab that rests right inside the groove on most mods (where you can pry them off.) However, if you have the style back on this gets in the way. You have to pull the bottom of the case down and try to maneuver the back on. This makes the bottom bulge enough so that you have a hard time getting the power cable to plug in all the way.

It is a promising product, but I was very surprised and disappointed at this over site.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I have this case and like it, except for one fatal flaw. At the bottom on the back there is a long, flat tab that rests right inside the groove on most mods (where you can pry them off.) However, if you have the style back on this gets in the way. You have to pull the bottom of the case down and try to maneuver the back on. This makes the bottom bulge enough so that you have a hard time getting the power cable to plug in all the way.

It is a promising product, but I was very surprised and disappointed at this over site.

This is the bumper that Verizon sells? For the Z or the Z Force? I got one for my Z Force, and don't seem to have this issue. I do have to give just a little push to the style back when I put it on with the bumper case on so it settles down flat, but that's easy. No interference with the charging cable on mine.

*Edit - turns out it does interfere, see post further down*

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Some photos of my Z Force with Zagg flexible glass screen protector and Verizon bumper case. The Zagg is having some minor adhesion issues at the center top that I need to try to address. Don't mind the dust on the back, took photos on a not fully clean surface.
ZBack - small.jpgzBottom - small.jpgZFront - small.jpgZSide - small.jpg

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Pretty nice. I didn't get the bumper case myself. I got the screen protector and the wireless charging back.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Pretty nice. I didn't get the bumper case myself. I got the screen protector and the wireless charging back.

Nice. I want wireless charging, but I'm hoping that the Force's battery will be enough for me, and that someone will come out with a thin, inexpensive wireless charging back sans battery.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

For sure. I got the standard Z not the force. That's why I got it. If they cooker out with just a thin back to do wireless charging I will be all over that as well.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I have to revise my previous statement... the bumper does interfere with the charging cable. It sometimes connects fine, sometimes doesn't, and after comparing the feel of plugging in without the case, it's definitely not going in all the way with the case. May have to do some whittling...

sculchy1

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to remove the style shell in order to charge with the bumper on. After the cord is plugged in I put the shell back on but not flush at the bottom. Pretty disappointing.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Bumper fixed! Here's my solution:

Before modification with Dremel.jpg

At first I tried just removing the material until it was flush with the cross-brace section, but that wasn't enough. I had to make the cross brace about half the original thickness. Now the charging cable snaps in confidently without any extra thought or effort. A bit disappointing they didn't just design it correctly to begin with, but at least it was easy to fix.

Before:
Bumper On Phone Before.jpg

After:
Modification Completely On Phone.jpg

legobob76

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Only thing I'm concerned about with just the bumper is the camera lens getting scratched. The bumper doesn't raise the back of the phone off a desk.

I like seeing the style shell though.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Only thing I'm concerned about with just the bumper is the camera lens getting scratched. The bumper doesn't raise the back of the phone off a desk.

I like seeing the style shell though.

If you're using a style mod, I wouldn't worry too much about the camera lens. I saw one of the durability reviews that ran a razor blade on a bunch of the surfaces, and it looked like it didn't do anything at all to the camera lens. Of course, I never put my phone in the same pocket as keys or anything else scratchy just as a rule, but it still seems like it's very durable.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site

How are y'all liking the Moto Z Force, is it worth trading in my LG-G4 to get one?

Posted via my LGG4 using the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

How are y'all liking the Moto Z Force, is it worth trading in my LG-G4 to get one?

I'm very impressed. If someone creates a thin, inexpensive wireless charging back, it'll be perfect for me. "Worth it" is always up to the person opening their wallet.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I can also confirm the flaw at bottom port. Had to cut it as a. Not a problem on the regular moto z. Huge flaw but easily remedied. Besides that, the case is awesome.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Wrong question for this thread but I will answer since I'm going from a G4 to a Z Force.

First thing I miss is the LG UI, and yes I will probably get slack for that, but after using nothing but a G2 and G4 the last 3 or so years I really got used to it. I use the notification pull down button on the bottom of my G4 and really miss that. And the fact that you can only put 4 icons across the screen on the Z VS 5 on the G4. I thought I would miss the knock knock code for the screen but really having the finger print scanner to unlock and lock the screen is faster and easy. The phone is also heavier and longer then the G4.

Once I get a hang of the software and add what I want to it I'm going to like it better then the G4.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site

I have a v10 decided to upgrade and just picked up my z force last night at best buy, 523 on payment plan and got the free speaker mod, it's an 800 retail value for 523 it's a steal in my book. If your gonna do it I think now is the time....

Posted via the Android Central App