Bumper Cases for the Moto Z Force

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bumper Cases

To confirm, you have a Z Force, the stock Verizon bumper, and the Tumi battery and you can plug the charger in without any issues?
That is correct. I have the force, the tumi battery pack, and the Verizon bumper edge case. It all fits no issues. It's the style mods, swappable backs like wood, that have an issue with the bumper case.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

That is correct. I have the force, the tumi battery pack, and the Verizon bumper edge case. It all fits no issues. It's the style mods, swappable backs like wood, that have an issue with the bumper case.

I'm wondering if there were early production units with the design issue, and then they caught it & fixed it, but didn't bother pulling the old inventory, leaving a mix of good & faulty designed bumpers.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm wondering if there were early production units with the design issue, and then they caught it & fixed it, but didn't bother pulling the old inventory, leaving a mix of good & faulty designed bumpers.

I didn't think so. The bumper case has a tab on the back bottom of the case. That interferes with the style back and causes the case to bend in that spot making a charging cable hard to insert. But all the mods have a finger groove cut out in that location (to help remove them) so they groove fits over the tab and nothing is effected.

To work with the style back you just have to remove the tab, once it is gone everything fits fine. You don't have to widen the USB C opening on the case like others have mentioned. I removed the tab with my pocket knife.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I reached out to Case-Mate to see if a bumper is in the works. Had one on my Moto X 2nd edition and loved it.

I had a two toned blue from Motorola but you get the idea:

Dark Teal & Turquoise Tough Frame Case for Moto X (2nd Gen.) | Case-Mate – Case-Mate.com
Let us know what they say. I decided to give up on the Verizon bumper case. Without the battery mod on all the time it just feels too slim and light, besides feeling way too slippery. I feel like I'm going to drop it all the time. Ordered a generic gel case that should be here today. I'll post a photo tonight.

If that doesn't work I'm just going with Otterbox Defender. My original Turbo that I got as soon as it was released still looks brand new. Plus I need a belt clip.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Let us know what they say. I decided to give up on the Verizon bumper case. Without the battery mod on all the time it just feels too slim and light, besides feeling way too slippery. I feel like I'm going to drop it all the time. Ordered a generic gel case that should be here today. I'll post a photo tonight.

If that doesn't work I'm just going with Otterbox Defender. My original Turbo that I got as soon as it was released still looks brand new. Plus I need a belt clip.

Looks like no plans on making one at this point

Alan Benavides (Case-mate)
Aug 9, 07:56 EDT

Hello,

As of now we do not have cases for that device. If in the future we do make any you will hear about it through our newsletter or our social media accounts.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Alan Benavides

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Looks like no plans on making one at this point

Alan Benavides (Case-mate)
Aug 9, 07:56 EDT

Hello,

As of now we do not have cases for that device. If in the future we do make any you will hear about it through our newsletter or our social media accounts.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Alan Benavides

That says they "do not have cases," not that they " have no plans to make cases" -- which I point out only to say that it's clearly wrong. VZ sells Case-Mate cases for both the Z and Z Force. So Alan maybe didn't do much digging before responding to your query. :)

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

That says they "do not have cases," not that they " have no plans to make cases" -- which I point out only to say that it's clearly wrong. VZ sells Case-Mate cases for both the Z and Z Force. So Alan maybe didn't do much digging before responding to your query. :)

Very true, Alan's explanation could have been more detailed. I didn't post my initial email to Case-Mate but I specifically referenced bumper cases in my inquiry which doesn't appear to be in the works currently.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Received my Verizon bumper case today. Happier with it that I expected. Mods go on and off easily, protects the screen when laid face down, and charger connects easily. Makes it feel more secure in my hand with Tumi battery mod on. Edited to add I have the Force.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Received my Verizon bumper case today. Happier with it that I expected. Mods go on and off easily, protects the screen when laid face down, and charger connects easily. Makes it feel more secure in my hand with Tumi battery mod on. Edited to add I have the Force.

Did you have any of the issues of needing to modify it that I and at least a couple other people had? Mine's been great since I modified it, but obviously it's not idea that it needed that, so I'm sure others would like to know if they've fixed the design...

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you have any of the issues of needing to modify it that I and at least a couple other people had? Mine's been great since I modified it, but obviously it's not idea that it needed that, so I'm sure others would like to know if they've fixed the design...

The modification is only needed for the style backs, not the Mods. He didn't mention the style backs so?

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried both my battery mod and my gunmetal style back and both fit fine and allowed charging with the charger included with the phone.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

So the Mods have a little grove or notch that let's you use your finger to remove them. Does the Incipio style backs have the same? Because that notch fits over the tab on the bumper case that gets in the way of Moto's style backs.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the wooden moto style back that came with the phone. Not an exact fit. bottom not tight until I pushed. It went it with a click. Then it would not charge.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just tried the wooden moto style back that came with the phone. Not an exact fit. bottom not tight until I pushed. It went it with a click. Then it would not charge.

Yeah the tab on the bottom back of the bumper case gets in the way, but removed that with my pocket knife and it works perfect. Guess the Incipio style backs are made a little different.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Since I like the bumper case and think the included back is plain ugly I used a dremel to modify the wood back. All good now.

bat1939_KM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Is the Verizon bumper case the only one out there? All the other bumper cases I see on Amazon have a back to them so I can not use the Mods.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc