It occurred to me that I should make sure this works, and it does. It recognizes the square card reader being plugged in & unplugged. I haven't actually run a transaction, but generally devices that don't support it won't recognize the reader.
    07-29-2016 10:09 AM
    As long as the port pinout doesn't change, it should be fine.
    07-29-2016 10:28 AM
    It also occurs to me that if the Mod platform proves popular, perhaps a Square (or other payment platform) mod would make sense.
    07-29-2016 10:39 AM
    It does recognize it, but I just tried running a sale and it was a "no go". The reader makes the clicking sound, and alerts if you unplug it, but it will not recognize the card being swiped.

Thoughts?
    09-29-2016 01:09 PM
    It does recognize it, but I just tried running a sale and it was a "no go". The reader makes the clicking sound, and alerts if you unplug it, but it will not recognize the card being swiped.

Thoughts?
    Dunno - I had zero issues using it. Do you have the current design reader? Can you confirm the reader works on another phone/device? Can you confirm the card works on another device?
    09-29-2016 02:20 PM
    I'm seriously considering buying a used moto z droid off of swappa, I can deal with the adapter and Bluetooth for audio, but I need to have the square card reader work as I'm employed in small HVAC business and the mag stripe reader is the best way I can accept card payments for house calls. Does anyone have any more info?
    10-07-2016 05:34 PM
    I'm seriously considering buying a used moto z droid off of swappa, I can deal with the adapter and Bluetooth for audio, but I need to have the square card reader work as I'm employed in small HVAC business and the mag stripe reader is the best way I can accept card payments for house calls. Does anyone have any more info?
    The newer Square readers connect through Bluetooth. They don't seem to read magstripes, but it might be an option. See below:

https://squareup.com/shop/reader-con...s-chip-60-week
    ChuckWithAZ3v likes this.
    10-07-2016 06:05 PM
    I've only had to use it once on my Z Force, and it worked flawlessly (first swipe, transaction went through) with the headphone adapter. It was a newer swiper with the completely flat back. I'm wondering if AZSportsMaven might have an older swiper. I have the bluetooth chip reader too, but it's set up with my Square Stand + iPad2 cash register, and I haven't used it with the phone.
    doogald and ChuckWithAZ3v like this.
    10-08-2016 09:39 AM
    I've only had to use it once on my Z Force, and it worked flawlessly (first swipe, transaction went through) with the headphone adapter. It was a newer swiper with the completely flat back. I'm wondering if AZSportsMaven might have an older swiper. I have the bluetooth chip reader too, but it's set up with my Square Stand + iPad2 cash register, and I haven't used it with the phone.
    I do have a newer "flat backed" square card reader, but at this point I snatched up a moto z play droid for $380 on Swappa (came with a Tumi wireless charging battery mod, not that it's necessary ) I'm currently still evaluating the device to see if I'll keep it. I really appreciate hearing that the Z force worked, that gives me more options for moto mod devices. Thanks!
    YAYTech, benjamminh and jesta192 like this.
    10-22-2016 08:06 PM