Quick question regarding Moto's touchless commands on the Moto Z Force Droid (MZFD). Coming from the Turbo, and before that the DM, I'm used to using my catch phrase to read my notifications. On my MZFD when I use my launch phrase I get to the pin unlock screen which negates the whole purpose of touchless. I keep going through the settings, but I don't see a command to eliminate that pin setting screen. It seems Moto keeps dumbing down its touchless implementation on its phones. It's the touchless controls which have kept me in the Moto universe. Thanks in advance...
    edison
    07-29-2016 11:49 AM
    The trouble is that the always listening voice phrase is very unsecure, and prone to false positives. It's super handy, but if you need any sort of security on your phone, then it negates it. So, if you have any security set up (PIN, fingerprint, etc), then they can't really let the voice phrase bypass that security without it making it moot.

So, there are 2 solutions:
    - Don't use any security. Turn off any & all PIN, fingerprint, etc. This is done under Security in the settings menu. Then it should work with the phrase seamlessly.
    - Set up trusted places/devices so that you generally don't have to put in security information if you're in a secure place or connected to a trusted device, and the phrase should work most of the time without having to put in security information.
    fr4nk1yn and Revolutionary like this.
    07-29-2016 12:17 PM
    So, there are 2 solutions:
    - Don't use any security. Turn off any & all PIN, fingerprint, etc. This is done under Security in the settings menu. Then it should work with the phrase seamlessly.
    - Set up trusted places/devices so that you generally don't have to put in security information if you're in a secure place or connected to a trusted device, and the phrase should work most of the time without having to put in security information.
    Thanks for the advice, YAYTech. I ended up setting my home as a secure place and was able to keep the fingerprint and pin security. My home is where I use touchless controls mainly (and in the car). I also switched to a third party program to actually read my notifications. My "Read Notifications" verbal command kept taking me to a Google search page extolling the virtues of the 2014 Moto read notifications command. LOL

This was all very frustrating. Coming from the original MAXX, the Droid MAXX, and then the Droid Turbo, I thought I had a pretty good handle on this environment. Well, part of the fascination is learning new things about the phone. I was going to upgrade in any case as my Turbo's battery was degrading rapidly.
    edison
    YAYTech likes this.
    07-31-2016 11:37 AM