BatteryLife/Heat Issue/Battery Stats...

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting pretty bad battery life and the phone is staying warm even when sitting idle. Classic symptom of a stuck app.
I'm about to go through my apps, although I keep my phones clean. The secondary issue is there's no battery stats.

Screen, Cell standy, Android OS, Google Play services, and Phone idle and the only things that show and they're showing less than 500mAh on an almost fully drained battery.

Anyone one else experiencing something similar?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
No, sorry. My battery life has been fantastic. Have you tried installing GSam to see whether you can figure out which app is the culprit?

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I hate to say it because I should've known better. I figured the 820 would be able to handle UCCW. :(

Still don't why the battery stats are showing apps.

seanmfiero

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting pretty bad battery life and the phone is staying warm even when sitting idle. Classic symptom of a stuck app.
I'm about to go through my apps, although I keep my phones clean. The secondary issue is there's no battery stats.

Screen, Cell standy, Android OS, Google Play services, and Phone idle and the only things that show and they're showing less than 500mAh on an almost fully drained battery.

Anyone one else experiencing something similar?

My coworker and I are having the same exact issue. It's annoying as heck!! "warm" is an understatement, they are almost too hot to touch! I'm returning mine today, Lenovo destroyed what could have been a great phone.

Westonian

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine did the same. Occurred after using Verizon cloud to transfer data. The only solution was to factory reset. I tested it again and it did the same thing.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My coworker and I are having the same exact issue. It's annoying as heck!! "warm" is an understatement, they are almost too hot to touch! I'm returning mine today, Lenovo destroyed what could have been a great phone.
Did you return it! The issue seems to be with background apps, not the device.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I only had a heat issue the day I set up my phone. Did a lot of downloading phone got pretty warm. Have not notice it since

Posted via the Android Central App

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting at 73% after 5 hours off charger, 2:20 of that is screen-on-time. That's pretty freakin' great!

I don't use Verizon's messaging, cloud, or navigation apps.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This phone is seriously ridiculous. I had a Droid Maxx and a Turbo, and I thought the battery life was great. But the Z Force wins.

I've been off charger for 15.5 hours. SOT of 2:55.

And I'm still at 64%. Phone says it'll go another 29 hours.

Battery life on beast mode.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This phone is seriously ridiculous. I had a Droid Maxx and a Turbo, and I thought the battery life was great. But the Z Force wins.

I've been off charger for 15.5 hours. SOT of 2:55.

And I'm still at 64%. Phone says it'll go another 29 hours.

Battery life on beast mode.

Agreed, it's incredible.

Attachments

• 38148.jpg
    38148.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 57

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's ridiculous! I'm still rocking my Turbo 2, but just placed my order for the z-force last night.

I know plenty of people complained about the battery life on the T2, but it was very solid for me.

Throughout its life it averaged 4hr sot in 26hrs on, and that's with about 2-3 hours of phone calls a day. That's basically what I ended up with on my T1 in the end. I had the Droid Maxx before that, and that was definitely the best of the 3 - closer to 5 hours plus SOT with similar usage habits. The only change was, that was pre whatsapp, and I have a lot of open chats on whatsapp. I have always speculated it is largely to blame.

On the T2, I did always find that the screen killed the phone pretty quickly, but I never really needed to plug in during the day, which is always my main concern.

The T2 also never lagged or anything. It still runs butter smooth. That's what I've found pretty much with all 3 of the last moto flagships. But I upgrade every year so I can maximize resale value, and these forums have portrayed the z-force in what appears to be a very positive light; so I've found my next phone...

These numbers are off the charts, and with the battery mod, which I'm going to get as well, it has to be insane. Can't wait!

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My Force runs pretty good. Gets a little warm if I put the battery mod on. I get a full day on the battery. No complaints here

Posted via the Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's ridiculous! I'm still rocking my Turbo 2, but just placed my order for the z-force last night.

I know plenty of people complained about the battery life on the T2, but it was very solid for me.

Throughout its life it averaged 4hr sot in 26hrs on, and that's with about 2-3 hours of phone calls a day. That's basically what I ended up with on my T1 in the end. I had the Droid Maxx before that, and that was definitely the best of the 3 - closer to 5 hours plus SOT with similar usage habits. The only change was, that was pre whatsapp, and I have a lot of open chats on whatsapp. I have always speculated it is largely to blame.

On the T2, I did always find that the screen killed the phone pretty quickly, but I never really needed to plug in during the day, which is always my main concern.

The T2 also never lagged or anything. It still runs butter smooth. That's what I've found pretty much with all 3 of the last moto flagships. But I upgrade every year so I can maximize resale value, and these forums have portrayed the z-force in what appears to be a very positive light; so I've found my next phone...

These numbers are off the charts, and with the battery mod, which I'm going to get as well, it has to be insane. Can't wait!

Agree completely. The Z Force gets the same battery life as the original Droid Maxx, which is pretty incredible considering it's a much bigger phone with a much better screen, but the same size battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge