Have a Question about the phone.

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried to buy this phone outright and put it on straight talk or another carrier to see if it will work? I'm thinking of getting one but don't want to if it wont work on straight talk.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
It won't work on Straight Talk ever. The Z Force is going to be a permanent Verizon exclusive, while the regular Z will eventually be released in an unlocked model that will work on Straight Talk.

If you're using Straight Talk's Verizon service, it will work. But if you're using their AT&T or T-Mobile service, the Force will never work.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It won't work on Straight Talk ever. The Z Force is going to be a permanent Verizon exclusive, while the regular Z will eventually be released in an unlocked model that will work on Straight Talk.

If you're using Straight Talk's Verizon service, it will work. But if you're using their AT&T or T-Mobile service, the Force will never work.
Just because it's sold for Verizon doesn't mean it can't work on Straight Talk. The Droid Maxx was a Verizon exclusive, but works on Straight Talk.

The phone is unlocked, it's mainly a question of whether it has the right radios in it.

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm using Verizon's Straight talk sim that's why i was unsure if it would work or not because I'm interested in the phone. I just don't want to get a overpriced contract with Verizon is all.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm using Verizon's Straight talk sim that's why i was unsure if it would work or not because I'm interested in the phone. I just don't want to get a overpriced contract with Verizon is all.

In that case it should work just fine, since it'd be running on Verizon's network anyway.

Out of curiosity, why not go for Verizon's pre-paid plans? As I understand it, Verizon throttles Straight Talk users to 3G speeds, whereas Verizon's pre-paid customers get 4G speeds. Prices between Straight Talk's plans and Verizon's pre-paid plans are pretty comparable as well.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Just because it's sold for Verizon doesn't mean it can't work on Straight Talk. The Droid Maxx was a Verizon exclusive, but works on Straight Talk.

The phone is unlocked, it's mainly a question of whether it has the right radios in it.

I assumed he meant Straight Talk's AT&T service, which was my mistake. And while the Droid Maxx had certain bands that would work on AT&T, it is missing Band 17, which is AT&T's main LTE band.

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I never really thought of there prepaid plans to be honest with you so if i bought that phone outright and just went to there prepaid service i wonder if that would work I don't see why it wouldn't just trying to get some ideas because it looks like a great phone to have.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I never really thought of there prepaid plans to be honest with you so if i bought that phone outright and just went to there prepaid service i wonder if that would work I don't see why it wouldn't just trying to get some ideas because it looks like a great phone to have.

Yes, it would be a Verizon branded phone running directly on Verizon's network. It would just as well as using the phone on their post paid service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar