09-20-2017 03:59 PM
117 ... 2345
tools
    The back looks great. Is it not a soft rubber or matte material?
    Thanks! It's more of a hard matte material. Grip is good and of course the thickness is perfect and to me makes the phone feel complete. I've yet to use the Jedi Force without a Mod on it. It feels funny to me. The back surface is just too flat which I guess is why the at least style mods are made to give the phone that complete and curved feel. I use my Tumi Battery Mod the most which is now Red Screen Protectors for the Moto Z Force-1471614461087.jpg
    08-19-2016 09:47 AM
    I'm eying the red nylon as well if I read it has a good feel to it.
    I'm looking at it too. I just wonder when it'll be available. I think it's a pre order
    08-19-2016 09:48 AM
    Thanks! It's more of a hard matte material. Grip is good and of course the thickness is perfect and to me makes the phone feel complete. I've yet to use the Jedi Force without a Mod on it. It feels funny to me. The back surface is just too flat which I guess is why the at least style mods are made to give the phone that complete and curved feel. I use my Tumi Battery Mod the most which is now Red Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1471614461087.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	236011
    I love the idea of the battery mod, but you don't find the phone too heavy with it on? The Z Force gets great battery life even without the mod.
    08-19-2016 11:15 AM
    Got it and love it. Virtually invisible and simple to apply even as a first timer!!
    Awesome, I have been using them for my past 2 phones and I love them. Only downside it sometime a case will cause it to come up on the sides.
    ericf4 likes this.
    08-19-2016 02:02 PM
    I'll be another person to voice their support for the Verizon Flex Glass. I got one today and after about 15 minutes it laid down nicely without any bubbles. Worth the money for sure.
    Life34 likes this.
    08-22-2016 07:54 PM
    I bought the zagg, but just got the pleson in the mail. Only $8 and it covers the whole screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Is the Pleson glass? Ordered one, should have it tomorrow. Not a fan of screen protectors in general but decided to give it another go.
    08-26-2016 02:43 PM
    I love the idea of the battery mod, but you don't find the phone too heavy with it on? The Z Force gets great battery life even without the mod.
    Incipio black Battery/Wireless Charging Mod just arrived - adds some weight and heft to the phone, but not enough for me to take if off. When the phone is lying on a table the mod raises it up, making it easier to pick up. Glad I got it.

I ordered the mod from Incipio on line - it arrived packaged in a padded envelope inside another padded envelope - well done Incipio.
    08-26-2016 03:57 PM
    Is the Pleson glass? Ordered one, should have it tomorrow. Not a fan of screen protectors in general but decided to give it another go.
    Yes. They seem to have 2 versions on Amazon. Mine installed perfect, but it has to be very precise because it covers pretty much the whole screen
    08-27-2016 12:12 AM
    The Zagg Shield is what I went with. I really like it. Works great with the Tech21 EVO.
    08-27-2016 09:03 PM
    Yes. They seem to have 2 versions on Amazon. Mine installed perfect, but it has to be very precise because it covers pretty much the whole screen
    The glass one that I ordered arrived today but the speaker grill cutout is way off. Likely manufacturing defect but I'm going to return it and grab a Supershieldz.
    08-27-2016 09:23 PM
    The glass one that I ordered arrived today but the speaker grill cutout is way off. Likely manufacturing defect but I'm going to return it and grab a Supershieldz.
    There are sensors to the right of the speaker. They should/could have covered it with glass, but its not a defect. The supershield covers less than the pleson. It will be a easier install since the top isn't covered.
    08-27-2016 11:09 PM
    There are sensors to the left of the speaker. They could have covered it with glass, but its not a defect.
    08-27-2016 11:10 PM
    There are sensors to the right of the speaker. They should/could have covered it with glass, but its not a defect. The supershield covers less than the pleson. It will be a easier install since the top isn't covered.
    Thanks. I grabbed a cheap 3 pack from eBay that should be arriving in a day or so. I have three try's to get it right so I'm fairly confident in my less than steady hand.
    08-31-2016 12:31 PM
    Zagg is chipping away on one side. :/

Lifetime replacement time.
    09-11-2016 02:34 PM
    I just butchered my skinomi install.. It would not float on this phone and I was not going to flood it with more spray (included).
    Got bubbles and fingerprints.. I'll let Verizon put one on for me...
    09-13-2016 11:06 PM
    I just butchered my skinomi install.. It would not float on this phone and I was not going to flood it with more spray (included).
    Got bubbles and fingerprints.. I'll let Verizon put one on for me...
    I have to admit the next day it looked amazingly better.. I would buy the skinomi again.. looks great now..
    09-15-2016 08:15 PM
    It's my understanding that the shatter shield comes off but then your glass will shatter easier. So it also scratches easier. If I take it off, will it be less likely to scratch? I haven't had a scratch on my screen in years and got one today on this phone. Never used screen protectors. I'm not a phone dropper. Just liked the specks on this phone, but not digging how easy it scratches.
    09-16-2016 08:46 AM
    It's my understanding that the shatter shield comes off but then your glass will shatter easier. So it also scratches easier. If I take it off, will it be less likely to scratch? I haven't had a scratch on my screen in years and got one today on this phone. Never used screen protectors. I'm not a phone dropper. Just liked the specks on this phone, but not digging how easy it scratches.
    The screens on these phones will not shatter, because there's no glass. It's not just that the top layer is a hard plastic screen protector, but the layers under that don't use glass either. The screen can be damaged, but not by shattering.

Don't use it without the top shattershield lens on it. If you do, you risk scratching a layer that's not made to be replaced, and the layer under the shattershield might be just as, or even more prone to scratches as the top layer.

My suggestion would be to just keep using it and put up with the scratch until they have the replacement shattershields available. Then, replace the shattershield and put a protector on top of the new one. A number of people have put tempered glass protectors on, including some ~$10 ones from Amazon. So you can find one of those with good reviews, and then if it gets a scratch, it's a $10 replacement instead of a ~$30 shattershield replacement.

Ironically enough, using a tempered glass protector actually adds the chance of shattering, but of course only the protector that's cheap & easy to replace.
    09-16-2016 11:07 AM
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    09-16-2016 11:12 AM
    It's not a big scratch. Just want to get it right when I replace shatter shield. Lol. I didn't know it would scratch that easy, but now I do.
    09-16-2016 11:17 AM
    Sorry I was at work and didn't have time to look into this. So amoled display isn't actually glass? I mean, I already got the scratch so I'll do it right when I get it replaced, and if I would have read more I'd realize I should have got a screen protector. I didn't know there was no glass in this screen. It looks pretty good for all plastic? Lol
    09-16-2016 07:27 PM
    I just received the Skinomi liquid shield in for mine. It covers the entire front from top to bottom. All cutouts are perfect and it looks way better than the Zagg. You can't tell it's there. I used a solution to install it. I'll see if I can post a pic. This one is better than the glass. I actually got an entire kit for my Sony Xperia and the entire phone is covered with it. Even the sides and top.
    09-16-2016 11:20 PM
    Here are a couple pics with the newly installed skinomi liquid skin screen protector. It covers from every edge. Got it on Amazon. Screen Protectors for the Moto Z Force-1474083089687.jpgScreen Protectors for the Moto Z Force-1474083096222.jpg
    jesta192 likes this.
    09-16-2016 11:31 PM
    I got the Flexible Glass protector from Verizon today. So far it looks fantastic. Zero bubbles or lifting anywhere and it covers everything. You cant even see it on the phone with my case on it. I think the fact that our screens are not perfectly flat and solid make it much harder for a thicker glass protector to stick well over the entire phone. The Flexible Glass is very thin and almost like a film. It glides like glass and cleans up easy like glass. I just wanted something to protect against scratches so I think it will work out well.
    YAYTech and Connert like this.
    09-20-2016 03:05 PM
    I got the Flexible Glass protector from Verizon today. So far it looks fantastic. Zero bubbles or lifting anywhere and it covers everything. You cant even see it on the phone with my case on it. I think the fact that our screens are not perfectly flat and solid make it much harder for a thicker glass protector to stick well over the entire phone. The Flexible Glass is very thin and almost like a film. It glides like glass and cleans up easy like glass. I just wanted something to protect against scratches so I think it will work out well.
    Totally agree with you. I got my Flexible Glass protector and installed it today. It went on and lined up very well. No bubbles and no lifting at all.

I also got the black bumper (redesigned, modification not necessary) and you have to really look close to see that the screen protector is installed. Now I'm just waiting for the leather back to be delivered. Still have a few days to wait.
    YAYTech and ASD Dad like this.
    09-20-2016 05:20 PM
117 ... 2345